11.29.2011

Thanksgiving 2011








Thanksgiving this year was way fun! We spent Thanksgiving day with my family here in St. George. My aunt and her husband & cousins came over to eat, we also had our roommate Keli'i come with us as well! We went over early in the day like around 10 - I had to be there so I didn't miss out on any of the Macy's Parade :) We then helped watched as my parents cooked! It was a delicious meal as always.

After we stuffed ourselves we went down stairs to enjoy my parents 'new theatre room' and so we watched The Grinch - love this Christmas movie! As I was in my turkey/food coma I enjoyed my kick off to the holiday season.. Afterwards we all stuffed ourselves again with some delicious pie and then topped off the day with a little hot tubbing. It was an amazing day and I really enjoyed the time spent with my family. This year was a little easier on everyone I think because we all knew it's my brother's last Thanksgiving that'll him miss, and we had more people to surround ourselves with than we did last year.








Adam & I decided not to split our day up with both families and decided we would spend time with his family through out the weekend, which made it a little easier on us.
My mom, sister & I decided to brave Black Friday sales and attempt to go shopping! I had the day off from work and so I really wanted to go out and see what the stores had. All the stores here in town opened up around midnight, but I wasn't going to miss out on that much sleep, so we decided to just leave at 5:30 a.m. the next morning. We did a ton of shopping! We went to Target first (they had nothing exciting) Krumpets (got tons of cute Christmas decorations 1/2 off) Kohls(cute slippers & leggings), Shoe Carnival (such cute shoes), the mall & outlet stores.. we got done around 3 that afternoon and I was just about dead. I was so tired.. All in all though, it was a successful day! My mom got a lot of good Christmas presents and we got smokin' deals :) That evenings we decided to go see Breaking Dawn (Twilight).  I haven't read any of the books but I do love the movies. It was really good, except for all the blood.. I almost barfed. We then ate tons of leftovers that night and I was falling asleep at like 8 - ha ha such a long day!

On Saturday we went over and had breakfast & leftovers with Adam's family. Their house is always a lot more busier with the 4 little kids, but it was entertaining nonetheless. I was really glad to be able to see them. That night Adam & I went over to see my parents again and I got to help decorate the gorgeous Christmas tree which was a ton of fun! :)

Sunday I had one of my really good friend's baby blessings in Cedar. I was so happy I got to go and see them for a little bit. Their boy is so adorable I almost die everytime I see him :) That night I decided to put up all my Christmas decorations. More on that to come :)

I hope you all enjoyed your Thanksgiving holiday and are getting into the Christmas spirit!

2 comments:

  1. Aw..Im glad you had such a good STUFFIN Thanksgiving!!! And I loved seeing your dad in a n apron! hehe.. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving! Wished we could have been there! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete