1.20.2014

Life In The Making 25 Weeks..

25 Weeks Pregnant



So I had my 24-25 week check up about a week ago
(I am 26 weeks pregnant today no longer 25)
I can't keep up with my weeks! 

Anyway, my appointment went really good.
The doctor was able to find the little man's heart beat quickly
and it was just beating perfectly.. nothing better than that sound! 
She also could tell he was moving a lot by listening.
I have felt more flutters everyday but still no jabs or distinct kicks quite yet.
She said I can start keeping track, since I'm feeling him more regularly. 
My blood pressure and weight must have been okay since she didn't mention it.
Although I got really stressed when I saw that dang scale! 
But my last appt was 5 weeks ago... and Christmas wasn't good for this pregnancy..
haha hopefully I won't see a number jump like that again.
10 lbs.. bite me. 

I have been experience a lot of ankle swelling at the end of my work day.
My doctor told me to get up every 2 hours to walk around a bit.
I am trying to do this.. but still having some swelling.
I guess this is just part of the latter experience of pregnancy. 
I only have one more monthly visit and then I'm on to every 2 weeks.
That seems crazy to me! 
I have my Glucose Tolerance test scheduled for February 3rd. 
I am sure hoping everything checks out okay. 
I'm nervous for that test. 
Overall my appointment for this month went perfect
and nothing she was concerned about. 
I have been so lucky to have an uneventful pregnancy thus far.

I have noticed some lovely little stretch marks right on the front of my belly..
oh well I don't plan to wear a bikini in public ever anyways..
Adam has started to rub my belly more and more and talk to him.
He has started calling him by his name which is funny..
I am pretty set on the name but not set enough to make it permanent quite yet.
We will see.
I haven't had any crazy cravings.
I have just been eating the usual..
Still trying to keep it relatively healthy and include a few fruits a day
I typically just have my orange and a banana. is it bad that I have to have a piece
of chocolate with the banana? :) haha for now that's how I like them.
I have wanted ice cream more.. but I swear that is just me all the time anyway..
so I can't decide if I want to blame it on this babe or not. 

This month we started doing some major baby planning! 
I started to have small bouts of anxiety realizing I had nothing for him yet 
besides cute clothes. 
So.. I picked out our stroller/car seat system and crib.
We just got the travel system ordered a few days ago
and I'm so excited for it to get here! 
I had to have my mom's undivided attention a few Saturdays ago
to help me decide on a few crucial pieces.
I was glad I got those picked out! 
I haven't purchased the crib or dresser yet.. waiting for Target to have a nice sale! 

I am glad that we got the nursery theme and colors decided though.
I will post some pictures of that soon! 
We did some heavy duty painting 2 weekends ago..
Well Adam did with a little bit of help from my parents.
We decided on navy blue and gray..
We decided we are doing Baseball (NY Yankees) and Elephants 
Hoping that turns out cute. 
I am excited to start actually decorating it but I don't feel that I can yet
without having like the crib put up and stuff so I know where everything can go.
Adam's been pretty awesome lately and really is getting stuff done.
He finished a book shelf we are putting in the room.. although I might make him 
change the color of it.. :) 
He also worked so hard on painting and getting things organized.
I felt so relieved that we finally moved everything out of the guest room,
into the office, so we could make it a nursery! 

Lots of fun baby things happening around here! 
Still feeling relatively great besides more aches and pains 
that come with a growing belly..
I look down at my belly every day and am still in such awe that I have 
been given this opportunity! I know it might get annoying
but I can't get over how lucky I am to be able to carry a child
and experience all of this.
Even though I get super nervous and freaked out about actually
having to 'deliver' the babe.. I am still so glad I get to! 


No comments:

Post a Comment