1.14.2014

Christmas 2013..

Well Christmas has come and gone already!
This whole holiday season this year felt so fast to me! 
I don't know if it was a mix of school work and pregnancy or what..
but it honestly flew by for me! 
I am sad it's already over.. I definitely get the Christmas blues
when it's time to take everything down and  I realize it's over.

This year my family didn't have a whole lot of time to do any Christmas
festivities like we usually do.. so it was just a busy holiday season.
We attended the Dickens Festival one weekend, which was fun.
 We went over to my brother's ugly sweater party and Adam dressed as Santa! 
We babysat our friend's daugther, Oakley and had a blast with her! 









My parents decided to adopt a family through the Kony Koins for Kids program again
and we were able to go shopping for 4 kids and deliver the gifts. 
It was a neat experience like it was last year.. although we
weren't able to have Santa deliver because the kids weren't home.
I think when I have the chance to do something like this, it sure makes
me get emotional in realizing all the many blessings I have in my life
and the wonderful Christmases I have always had. 

We also went to dinner for my company party at Anasazi  Steakhouse.
It was delicious! 
We saw my sister perform at the Tabernacle again for Madrigals.
She did amazing as usual. 

Adam and I spent a weekend of Christmas shopping and got each
other gifts this year. Adam was cute and went to Ulta and wouldn't
let me see what he was getting. I had to stay in a different isle and eventually
go outside. He asked the sales lady what the best products were..
He did really good! :) 


We spent the Sunday before Christmas making sugar cookies.
We got the dough made and had it in our fridge.. we then
went to my parents and watched the Grinch. I like to watch this movie
with my Dad because he quotes the whole movie.. and does good impressions.
Not to mention.. he is kind of the Grinch! 
The week of Christmas Adam and I both worked Monday and a little Tuesday.
On Monday night Adam dressed as Santa for one of our family friends.
They have a little girl and they wanted him to stop by. 
He's thinking next year he might be able to do that on the side the month of December! 
On Christmas Eve Adam worked till about 1 and I ran some errands that morning
and finally baked and frosted our delicious sugar cookies! 
They turned out so yummy! 
We went to my parents house around 3 for dinner and all the festivities.
We had mexican food and I love it. It was delicious.
We also had all the wonderful Christmas goodies, which are my favorite.
We had my Aunt Amy, her husband and cousins over for 
Christmas Eve. It was nice to just have our two families this year.

We decided to open our grandmother's gift first to all us cousins.
We decided to facetime her since she wasn't with us this year.
It was fun to do that! 
This year my Grandma did something pretty amazing that I don't think 
any of us cousins will ever forget.
We all had envelopes addressed with our names on them.. and then we each
opened them individually as my Grandma watched on the phone. 
I was the second to go and I hadn't seen what the others had gotten yet..
I opened it as Adam watched.. I have a video recording that I will save
but I don't think I'll post on here.. I mostly just wanted to remember this Christmas Gift..

I started balling... I think it was a mix of pure gratitude (obviously) and my
lovely pregnancy hormones that kick in. I can't hold back my tears. 
I love that Grandma of mine. 

After that we all ate dinner and then played our annual bingo game.
I swear Bingo is jipped.. of course Adam and I  did not win a single gift card.
I don't get it.
Anyway, after that we played a little cousin gift exchange game.. and included our parents.
It was fun. Adam got a thing of Twizzlers and I got some hand soap and hand sanitizer.
After that was over it was already almost 8 p.m. 



Adam, Trevor and Gabe all were heading to Hurricane to again play 
Santa and the Elfs for a work friend of Adams. 
Taylor, Linzi and I decided to head out there too with them.
My aunt and her family left also.
We drove out to Hurricane, but I didn't get out and witness the Santa.
Adam said it was awesome. 
There were a ton of little kids and they loved it. They all sat on his lap
and he said a little 10 month old came and sat on him and just 
starred at him smiling. 
Kids at Christmas are so special! 








Later that night we drove back to my parents and decided to sleep over
since it just seemed easier. 
Adam and I took the upstairs bedroom, Linz & Trev took his old one
and then Tay and Gabe slept on the couch. 
Before we headed to bed, we read the nativity story.
I love reading the story and hope to really incorporate the true
meaning of Christmas to my future kiddos. 
We also exchanged just a few small gifts. 
We decided to give my dad's to him.
We picked out these Bronco pants 
and they are like a zebra print
(which in my family there is a little joke because my dad
use to wear zebra print sweat pants in the early 90's and
we love making fun of him)
He obviously was excited though and they are very comfy! 
Once we all finally got to bed 
it was a long night for Adam and I trying to get comfortable with our two dogs..



Christmas morning my brother woke up at like 7 a.m... 
I don't get it! 
My mom still has this thing that we all have to wake up and come
to the tree at the same time.
So we did.. it was so cute :) hahah..
We sat around the tree opening and exchanging gifts. 
It was pretty awesome! 
We had a great Christmas! 
Adam got clothes, 49er jersey, baseball book, slippers, cologne and other guy stuff.
I got lots of clothes.. maternity clothes that is.. book, makeup, boots, more make up
and the diaper bag I wanted really bad! 
Adam gave me a large lighted mirror, conditioning treatment, makeup, an adorable
cheetah blanket/throw and clothes.
I gave him some sweet 49er pants, beanie and a screw driver set. 
Baby Holden also got some clothes and a cute outfit and Disney movies from
Grandma & Grandpa Meserve! 
It was a successful Christmas of giving and receiving! 

That Christmas Day we hung around my parents most of the day.
We decided in the afternoon to go to the movies.
My parents love movies! 

We went and saw Grudge Match it was pretty funny.
 That night we had Christmas dinner with my family and then headed home
around 6. 
It was a long day and with work the very next day we were very anxious to get
home and relax! 
We also drove past the temple on our way home.. and the Christmas lights
were so beautiful! I hadn't seen them all season but it was pretty..
and it was very crowded that night.
Adam said this needed to be a new tradition of ours! 

With Christmas Day being on a Wednesday this year we had to get
back to work the next day and Friday. We both didn't like that to much :(
It sure makes the Christmas holiday go by fast! 
Next year it'll be a Thursday so that's a little better. 



Things got a little crazy that morning..
My mom decided to tackle my brother
he said some smart A remark to her
The dogs decided to join in on the fun
and it made for some funny pictures.. 



She'll be the best Grandma.. 
Tana's bone and Luke's bone.

it's blurry.. but my mom was trying to make Tana sit in her comfy bed
she bought her and she wouldn't, so my mom sat in it to 'show' Tana.

Handsome Husband in his 49er get-up



23 Weeks Pregnant and enjoying a very Merry Christmas! 




So lucky to get to experience such a great holiday season with my loved ones though! 

We did get lucky and were heading to California that Saturday morning! 
more to come on that soon..




No comments:

Post a Comment