1.17.2014

Life in the Making: 24 Weeks..

24 Weeks Pregnant


He wanted his picture too... 



How is this pregnancy going by so fast? 
I swear I was just 10 weeks yesterday.
I am beyond excited to write about this new little stage and all the changes
I've been experiencing.. mostly uncomfortable but some really cool! 
I've also felt like I've grown a lot these last few weeks
which just makes pregnancy so much more real! 

I transitioned from 23 weeks to 24 weeks while I was in California.
I was calling that trip my babymoon, as I don't think I'll be traveling much now.
I really could feel the difference on my body as I was moving around.
It is kind of crazy that just in about 3-4 weeks I've noticeably felt different
and have a slightly larger bump.

While in California I was a lot slower than I thought I was..
and I got tired a lot quicker. I could barley walk or stand for very long before
my feet started to hurt.. After long days of walking around and standing my little
feets were killing me! Adam and I rented a two seater bike thingy in California
and I thought it would be no sweat for us, and it was extremely hard. 
Granted, everyone said it was hard too, but man I was dying..
not to mention my breathing has gotten heavier, according to my husband. :) 
I've also been experiencing swollen ankles.. I knew I was bound to have this happen.
While traveling in the car, they were noticeably worse I think than on an every day basis.
I remember they were especially bad coming home. I was wearing socks and tennis
shoes and when I took those off I could definitely see the indents and felt 
so uncomfortable. 
Up until this point I hadn't really experienced much feet/ankle swelling,
but coming back to work and sitting for 8 hours I am now swelling
up at the end of the day. 
My friend got me compression hose to wear and that did help me.
I am noticing my feet may have grown, stretched, gotten huge in size..
I don't know, but some of my shoes are very snug now. . I heard your feet
grow like 1/2 inch when pregnant and stay that way. I'll be sad if these shoes
never fit me again! 

I haven't experienced any weird cravings lately. 
This boy still loves his sweets.. and I could eat ice cream every day. 
I am still staying away from soda.. I really don't crave it or think about it.
I got a Diet Coke while in California, and I didn't hate it but after I finished the one
glass, I just went back to water. 
Some days I feel like I can't get enough to drink of water.
I also have been loving V8 Splash too! I have never been a huge juice drinker
but with this pregnancy all juices have sounded yummy. 
I have tried to still eat relatively healthy at least during the week :) 
I still have fiber one bar for breakfast with go squeeze apple sauce, and 
pudding, clementine, grapes, banannas, and special K protein bar
for a snack!
I have noticed I am getting more of an appetite.. I'll eat a meal and
 within an hour be hungry again! 
I have also experienced some crazy emotions.. I'll only blame that on hormones.
During this week Adam and I had a McDonalds run late one night. .
While in the drive thru about to pull up to pay, I saw them hand the car in front of us
a delicious looking soft serve vanilla cone. 
I instantly told Adam I had to have one of those. I was so excited.
He told the worker and got the cone
Adam started licking my cone... At first I just knew he was joking
then we drove out of McDonalds and he kept eating it and I got so upset.
I was so mad at him for continuing to eat MY ice cream cone..
then came the tears and I started balling.. 
He started to give it to me, and I told him I did not want that cone now I wanted 
my own cone! And then 5 seconds later I just wanted to go home.
He then told me to hold the cone and just enjoy the rest of it..
I did but I was still so upset..
Needless to say, Adam thought I was hilarious the whole drive from McDonalds to 
our house, and kept laughing at me.. I was not amused
Of course now as I look back at it it's kind of funny... but I still want a
soft serve ice cream cone. 
We also went to Costco one night and I got a berry sundae afterwards..
It was SO good that I now think about that often.. 
My love and desire for sweets has obviously just intensified. 

I have felt a lot more movement in these few weeks. I still can't feel distinguished
kicks or jabs quite yet
but I do feel lots of fluttering.. It seems to hit after I've eaten and in the mornings.
I want to feel it a lot  more. Some days are more active than others.
I also notice that I won't feel anything if I'm being active and moving around a lot.
It seems that I notice the movements a lot at work because I am sitting so still.
Now I am constantly wanting to sit still so I can feel him.
Hopefully in the next few weeks Adam can start to feel him. 
I CANNOT wait for that moment. 
Adam has started rubbing my belly more and realizing how huge I am getting
and how close his due date is approaching. 
He also has started calling the baby's name at my belly..
If he was saying it in a cute voice I'd like it, unfortunately it's a retarded voice..
haha at least he's talking to him though! 

We got very cute clothes for him at Dillards during their clearance sale..
I feel like he doesn't have that many clothes, but I am sure he'll be growing 
so fast I won't think that when he's here. 

Adam and I went and bought our first official set of diapers and wipes at Costco..
since they were on sale! They are a huge box
and we were pretty proud to have purchased them.
It's kind of fun to see them in his room.. making it feel more and more real.
We have just started to pile things into that room and hopefully soon
will be cleaning it out and making it the actual nursery.
I can't wait for that!

I found this little pregnancy questionnaire and thought I would copy it
so I can remember the little things going on this week.. 

How far along? 24 weeks! I can't believe I'm in the 6th month already. . neither can Adam. 
Maternity clothes? Yes.. I really have been wearing maternity pants and shirts since about week 11-14. But I am still wearing my regular work pants just with a hair tie under the belly. 
Stretch marks? I have noticed a few :( And I have even been putting on burts bee mama oil in the mornings and lotion at night. (Belly is starting to get itchy)
Sleep: I am still getting up at least twice if not three times to go to the bathroom. Our bed is kind of tall, so it's getting harder to get in and out of the bed. . for the most part though sleep is still good. . and such a glorious thing.
Best moment this week:  Feeling more movement and picking out nursery colors! 
Miss Anything? walking and standing without getting tired. . walking fast ha! And regular size ankles/feet.
Movement: Still feeling the flutters every so often. Nothing hugely significant yet..
Food cravings: mostly sweets. chocolate & ice cream.. and juice! 
Anything making you queasy or sick: Not really. I've had a really easy time with this kind of stuff.
Gender: Boy! 
Labor Signs: no.. thankfully! 
Symptoms: ankle swelling, exhaustion after a long day, some energy though thanks to the 2nd trimester, still lots of discharge (yuck), thicker hair, bigger belly bump, thirsty! 
Belly Button in or out? IN
Happy or Moody most of the time: I feel like I am happy for the most part, although I've had some crazy mood swings lately.. resulting in tears.. and a slight desire to punch  my wonderful hubby..
Looking forward to: decorating the nursery! can't wait to get the furniture and get going on all the cute decorations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment