11.29.2013

Life in the Making: Week 15, 16 17 & 18

Time is kind of just flying by for me! 
I keep telling myself I am going to post weekly updates for my self 
but I am seriously such a slacker and can't seem to find a free moment
but I am going to keep trying! 

So I am already on my 19th week of pregnancy! 
19 weeks.. 
I am really surprised at how fast time has gone by 
for me when I really think about it.
Although it also feels like I've been pregnant for awhile! 

So a little recap on my last few weeks of pregnancy..
Everything has been going super well for me. 
I still feel so lucky. 

On Friday November 15th we had the opportunity to get an ultra sound.
One of our good family friends is an ultra sound tech,
which he does for the heart. 
He offered to do an ultra sound for us whenever we wanted
 so we took  him up on his offer. 
I had both my parents, grandma, sister and her boyfriend
along with Randy & LaVonne and Adam in the room.
It was a little crowded and kind of overwhelming at first
but obviously so so worth it to see our little babe. 
It was AMAZING. Really there isn't anything like seeing
that little peanut doing flips somersaults and rolling around in there.
We got to meet it for the first time and it was just awesome.
With Randy we got to look at it for a really long time
and he was able to tell us what everything was..
which was great. 
Adam was kind of quiet afterwards and just seemed to really
take it all in, like wow there really is a baby in there.
I kind of felt the same way.. like what a miracle it is
and just how crazy that we are going to be parents. 
After that Randy was able to put all the little video images
on a disc for us which was great. 
We have a lot of little clips that are like mini videos
and I'll cherish those forever. 
I am hoping we will get some more shots soon! 

I am still feeling good. I am definitely more hungry 
especially in the morning time! 
I am still trying to eat relatively healthy but am not stressing over that.
I haven't had any weird cravings except for sweets! 
I really want to just skip the main meal and go straight 
for dessert.. but I don't .. don't worry :) 
I am in maternity clothes now for the most part. 
I can still pull off work pants and a most of my work shirts
and haven't gotten any maternity work pants yet. 
When it comes to jeans I am all about maternity jeans or leggings! :)
Around week 11-12 I felt like I did a little 'popping' out..
over the next few weeks I feel like I've relatively stayed the same
size but I like taking pictures to compare.
We haven't really bought anything for baby yet.
I did get a super soft gray minky blanket at the what women want expo
but we don't know the gender yet, so I had to keep everything neutral.
I also haven't wanted to really buy anything quite yet! 
I am definitely getting the bug to go shopping though! 
I am feeling a little larger in front for sure but I am 
really liking it because it's just more of a reminder 
that this is real! 
Adam has liked seeing my belly grow a little bit and 
seems way excited. I know in a few weeks he'll be able to feel the baby 
move on the outside and I can't wait for that moment! 
Speaking of movement..
I am pretty sure I felt this little babe move last week on
Wednesday November 20th! 
I was at work and I just got sat down on my chair
all the sudden I felt a weird little flutter on my lower stomach
and it felt weird.. not like gas or anything else :) 
I am pretty sure it was the baby! It was just weird..
I told my  mom and friend and they both decided that had to be the babe.

I haven't felt anything since then though! I am sad!
Hopefully soon I'll feel it moving! I can't wait for that! 


During my 16th week of pregnancy I went down to Phoenix for the Nascar
Race with my Dad, Adam, Brother and Linzi. 
It was a lot of fun but a quick trip. 
We left here Friday morning and then drove back home Sunday night.
We had amazing dinners, did lots of shopping on Saturday, saw a movie
and then experienced raceday in Phoenix. 
The seats were pretty good and Adam loved it.
He had never been and I hadn't been down there for years !
I have a few pictures from the race that I'll have to blog about later. 
That Sunday it was so hot in Phoenix. . I mean not 100
degrees hot but it was like 85 and I was wearing pants and toms.
By the end of the race day my feet and ankles were so swollen.
I was so uncomfortable.
I then had a 6 hour drive home and it didn't help that I was

swollen... Even the next few days the swelling didn't exactly go down fast.
It eventually did :) Just a fun part of heat and pregnancy. 

For the most part I am still loving being pregnant
and soaking up this time as much as I can. 

Here is my 15 week picture which was on Halloween! 


Week 16 picture..




We are really excited to find out gender! 
No intuition yet on what it is so we will be surprised! 
My ultra sound is really soon! I got it moved up so 
we actually get to do our official ultrasound at
18 weeks 5 days! 







No comments:

Post a Comment