11.07.2013

Colorado Trip in October







This past month I got the chance to go back to Colorado and visit both my Grandma's and the rest of my family. My mom asked me to go back with her a few days early so we could help my Grandma clean out her house a bit, so I was very excited when I got the chance! I flew on Tuesday with Linzi and Trevor who had work off and we were able to get some things done. As you can see below we kind of love Pink. 


My Grandma loves this ice cream, so we had a fun ice cream party one day while we were there. The first two days we were there without our husbands and my sister, we helped clean and my mom and I also went up to Denver and took my Grandma to one of her doctor visits. It wasn't anything way exciting or fun, but it was nice to spend some quality time with her. 



This picture I took outside of our hotel room, but you can't really tell but it snowed hard one morning while we were there. 

I was glad when this guy got into town.. He sure is special but I love him! We had a lot of fun shopping in hobby lobby! 



Once the rest of our family got into town we headed to my other Grandma's house and were helping her find a broken pipe. . which involved lots of digging and Adam getting into her tractor.. It was fun to be around the whole family! 

And we had lots of good laughs and poor Adam kind of squished in there.. but he did a good job digging! 





Whenever we are back in Colorado it involves a lot of traveling back and forth between the Grandma's houses since they live in the same town. Therefore, lunches, afternoons and dinners are all mixed around with each family. This is a picture I took of my Grandma's wedding dress, I just wanted a picture of the simplicity and tiny tiny wedding dress of my Grandma Shifflets. 

And this is my Grandparents on their wedding day, even though it's not the best picture, again I wanted it for my records. 

One fun night at my Grandma Shifflets my cousin Kipp came over and was having a major dance off. We were getting a kick out of it! 
He's actually pretty dang good, but the pictures don't even do it justice. 





My dad still loves to photo bomb all my pictures. . 



We rented an Escalade which was a lot of fun.. but as you can tell a little squished at times. 










We went and visited my Grandpa's grave sites while we were there. We haven't got to see them both done and so that was nice. It also makes it easy for our family because they are right by each other so that helps. It was kind of weird not having them around but I don't think that'll ever get easy. I miss them both so much! I know they are in heaven watching down on me and my little family! 

Lunch at Taco Casa with the Meserve clan
Just a random picture of my Grandma's backyard, just wanted a picture. I have a lot of memories running around back here and seeing my grandpa on the porch






The last night we were in town we went to dinner with my Uncle Jim, Aunt Vickie and their sons. It was fun and we ate at a great hamburger place!  Our cousin Myles has a sweet baby girl Maci.. Good thing Trev and Linzi aren't planning on having kids soon.. haha.





After dinner we went and grabbed frozen yogurt and then headed to Myles' house for some games.. it was so fun! 




And as you can see.. we were all quite exhausted! 



The trip was a really fun trip and it was so nice to have the whole family around to spend time with our family in Colorado. I wish they all lived closer! The next day we left bright and early for our flight out of Denver. I liked flying instead of driving.. the drive is 12 hours and I was certainly glad for options of flying instead of driving! 
Some memorable things from this trip.. I got to spend some time going through my Grandma Shifflets jewelry and I got to pick out a few rings that I love.. 
At my Grandma Meserve's we went through a  binder that she is putting together of all my dad's experiences and then a lot of family history, such as marriage certificates, death birth etc. it was really cool! 
We also got to hit up all the good 'eat spots' and were happy to get everything in that we wanted to! 

I really enjoy going back there and hopefully can go back plenty of times as I get older! 


No comments:

Post a Comment