11.01.2013

5th Wedding Anniversary

I really have nothing exciting to post about our 5th wedding anniversary.. and sadly, no pictures. I can't even believe that it's our 5th! 5 years just sounds crazy. I am really happy that I've gotten to spend 5 years with Adam and it's amazing how much you learn and grow in that time period. This year Adam got free BYU tickets on Friday night, our anniversary. Now usually I am really kind of a brat and absolutely would have thrown a complete fit and we would have done something here together, however I decided that Adam should go and enjoy these free tickets. He hasn't been to a game in a few years and he's such a huge fan. I did not feel like driving up there and driving back home that same night. I had gone to Colorado previously to that week and didn't want to travel again for awhile. So we decided to spend our anniversary apart for the first time. Adam decided to take one of our friends and their young son who has type 1 diabetes and loves BYU. They had surprised this young boy and he loved it! Then Adam met up with his parents in Provo who also were going to the game and Adam took our little 8 year old nephew! They had such a blast together and Adam really enjoyed sharing the experience with these young boys. I stayed home and went to a nice 'anniversary dinner' with my family and then went to the Dixie High Football game which was so fun! The next day was busy with a baby shower and What Women Want Expo but Saturday night Adam and I went to a quick dinner, which seems to always happen to us on special occasions. We ended up only having time for Port of Subs before our movie, but oh well that kind of stuff we always seem to remember! We went and saw Captain Phillips and really enjoyed it! It was a super laid back 5th anniversary even though  I had always pictured myself going somewhere for this 5th milestone, but sometimes even simple things end up working out better for the two of us! 
I have a feeling this next year is going to be one of the best ones yet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment