11.22.2013

Life in the Making..

I have been keeping a record of all these little 
pregnancy milestones and finally feel ready
and have a spare moment to start my blogging journal
of this amazing new adventure I have now encountered! 
I will try to post each week with a picture and an update
mostly for my records, so I apologize in advance
if these posts start to bore you to death.

I took my first 'belly shot' at 5 weeks.. 
a whole whopping 5 weeks pregnant here. 


And now 7 weeks pregnant here...no changes.. yet :) 


And my first picture with my little chalkboard update..
12 weeks very close to the end of my first trimester..
And not a good shot of the belly..even though there isn't much




My first trimester, which I am now out of it, was actually a breeze.
I always thoughts once I was pregnant that I would be deathly sick 
and miserable, but I guess that was the pessimistic in me. 
I know that I have been SO lucky as I have heard horror stories 
of other pregnant ladies.
I really haven't even been able to tell a huge difference in being 
pregnant versus not pregnant, which is weird.
I guess because I've been relatively symptom free..
The only big noticeable changes I experienced was bloating, I felt so bloated 
I thought I was gaining a  ton of weight. 
I felt a lot of 'period like cramping' at the beginning. 
I remember texting my friends to see if that was normal..
I also was a lot more hungry than usual. Whenever I wake up in the morning
I have to eat something usually right away as to 
avoid feeling those starving hunger pains. 
I remember the week before I found out I was pregnant I was so tired and 
I remember looking at the clock and it was 8:30 and I thought ..
well that's weird I usually go to be between 10-11..
So needless to say, tired, pure exhaustion has been a big
pregnancy symptom. I am tired most of the time and have to go to bed by 9,9:30-at the latest.
I've also been lucky in the skin department. 
Again I've read and heard stories that ladies break out terribly while pregnant.
I have again somehow.. and so far.. lucked out. 
I have actually had more clear skin than before I was pregnant..
how did I get so lucky? 
Anyway, I have been loving that as well. .

As far as weird pregnancy cravings.. I haven't really had anything crazy yet.
I do remember a distinct moment around like 7/8 weeks where I really wanted
french frys and fry sauce specifically. 
We went and got dinner at Five Guys and I ate way too many of those.
The next day I felt kind of sick and really bloated, so I have kind of stayed
away from the really greasy frys. 
The biggest change for me has been my not wanting diet soda.
I use to be the one to always run to grab a fountain drink
and I haven't had a soda in weeks. 
I decided to stop drinking it around 6 weeks because it made me feel
kind of gross and again more bloated. 
I also was craving water.. lots of water! 
I have had it about twice since then, and I don't think it's disgusting when
I drink it, but I also don't really want it.
Anyway.. water and vitamin water and juice.. I love! 
I also am always wanting sweets.. chocolate or ice cream suffice.
I am trying to limit myself though which is hard. 


We had told our families we were pregnant right away but 
I really wanted to keep it more of a secret from everyone else
until we reached the 2nd trimester. Adam on the other hand,
was having a difficult time keeping tight lipped. 
I had told him in the beginning we would announce it 
on facebook and to the rest of our family and friends once we
had our first doctor visit. (I was hoping to hear the heart beat that day)
Around 6 weeks pregnant we went to Pine Valley for Labor Day weekend.
My family hosted a big dinner with 3/4 of our closes family friends
that my parents do a lot with. 
That day my mom kept telling me she can't keep her mouth shut
and she was going to spill the beans. . Adam was the same way.
So a little ways into dinner, when I was discreetly talking to 
my other prego friend.. my mom blurts out,
'What are you talking about over there Amanda?'
putting the spotlight on me to announce my pregnancy..
I can't remember exactly how it went..
but basically everyone was told that night that I was pregnant..
a tiny 6 weeks pregnant. 
I did swear them all to secrecy for a few more weeks though..
and it all worked out well. 

We had our very first doctor appointment at week 8. 
We were really excited to go to the doctor and I was anxious just to 
have the pregnancy 'verified' by someone else.. if that makes sense? 
Unfortunately, at our doctor visit we didn't get to listen to the heartbeat  yet
our office said they usually do that at the 12 week appt when it's easier to catch.
I did have a very lengthy appt with my gynecologist. I hadn't quite chose my OB doctor yet.
I love my doctor and so my first two visits were with her.
She was extremely thorough with everything.
I had to take a lovely pee test for protein and sugar
and then get a pap smear, pelvic exam all that fun stuff.
I remember the doctor felt my uterus and said well you are definitely growing! 
That made me feel better. since I was already feeling huge.  
I did have to get  a blood test too.
I hate getting my blood drawn. Probably worse now since my little fainting episode
but all went well and I just looked at Adam the whole time, and was relaxed.
We got a butt load of information that first visit and it was a little overwhelming.
They gave me a bag of goodies and magazines and
a sheet of what medicine I can and can't take. 
The first visit was different than I had expected, since I went in to it 
thinking I would get to hear the heart beat and stuff.. but I am glad I got such 
a thorough examination and I looked healthy and normal. 

I have loved getting my weekly updates on the size and development of baby.
I downloaded the Bump app and Sprout app, which are great. 

At our 12 week appointment I was really anxious since this was the day
we would hear the heart beat, hopefully. I remember being
nervous just in hoping that it would have a healthy heart beat
and that there was a baby growing inside me! 
We invited my mom to come along with us since this is her first grandbaby
The appt was really simple and quick. We walked in and got situated in our room.
My doctor came right in and talked about all the things that were found
in my blood. She said I checked out great.. and didn't have anything weird pop up.
That's a relief! 
Then she got out a radio looking device.. and placed the cold thing on my belly.
Instantly we heard a strong and fast heart beat! 
It was seriously magical.. unlike anything I've heard before. 
Adam and I couldn't help but go crazy over this little heart beat..
Even my mom was pretty elated. 
I was amazed that some little living human was growing inside my belly.
That was weird but so special. We were very fortunate because we got 
a long listen to that beautiful noise and Adam even recorded a little bit
of it on his phone for us to send to family. 
That appointment was awesome.. that's it! 

I haven't had any major anxiety or felt really stressed out with this little one coming..
I of course get terrified thinking about the actual birth.. but I am going to enjoy 
not thinking about that while I still can.
I have been stressed about  the weight gain. 
I wasn't in ideal shape before pregnancy so I was nervous on the weight gain.
I have done well and only gained about 4-5lbs my first trimester. Which they say is normal. 
I am nervous how the rest of it will go but I also have a good friend 
who never could have children of her own.
She keeps things in perspective for me and tells me to enjoy this 
time in my life, for some never get to experience it..
And she said to enjoy the time when you do have an excuse to eat what you really want.
I am trying to keep her story in my mind so I don't get 
overwhelmed worrying about my weight. .
and can just enjoy this journey! 

Already so in love with this little babe and can't wait to meet him/her! 

Well like I said I am using this blog as my pregnancy journal 
sorry in advance for all the pregnancy related blog posts..
i'm hoping to keep very good track so I can look back at this one day! 


















No comments:

Post a Comment