11.18.2010

quite a different Thanksgiving



This year for Thanksgiving is going to be quite different! 
See every year we always have family around for Thanksgiving!
 Well this year is different...
First things first, my brother is gone on a mission :(
He is going to be missed this year during the holidays! He has only been gone since August and so to not have him around for the holidays will be an adjustment. And Trevor has always been involved in all holiday traditions/festivities and so it will be weird

Last year we had the great experience of having my grandparent's (mom's parents) come to our house for Thanksgiving. They usually always come out for Christmas but hardly Thanksgiving, so this was a great time! Well this year, unfortunately I don't know if we will be getting that special opportunity to see them at either holiday. They are going to for sure be staying in Colorado over Thanksgiving. boo, i am very upset about this!


Grandpa Shifflet & me


Other changes... One of my favorite cousins and one to who I am most close with got married this last October so she is now splitting up the holidays between 3 families.. her mom, dad and new in-laws.


These are my Shifflet side girls! I love them all!

My Aunt Amy got divorced a few years ago and usually we can count on having her around for the holidays, but this year she will be spending it with her boyfriend's family (i think) and her kids will be with her ex-husband. Therefore.. that leaves me with 4 people..
Adam
Mom
Dad
Taylor
:)
Yep, just us five this year! I know dinner will still be AMAZING, because my parents are cool like that! My dad is a great cook and I know dinner will be fabulous but it'll be just different! I am not really use to having just us 5 for a holiday!
But I think we will make it special since it will just be us few!

For Adam's family
They all come down here to St. George! Which I am truly blessed for because this way Adam and I get to spend the holidays with both of our families and enjoy activities with both sets! I am thankful that they don't live too far away and we get to see them often!
We will be seeing them on Thanksgiving as well! Luckily, our families do Thanksgiving dinner at different times of the day so we get to have 2 dinners and hit up both places!
Both houses are very different. See Adam is the baby in his family, while I am the oldest by 4 years!  My family this year will be the 4 of us(as mentioned above) and no young children, or older children that are married yet (except me :))
but you see in Adam's family he has two older siblings who are both married and then we have 4 little niece and nephews! The house is full and so fun! Both houses I wouldn't miss out on!

It's kinda fun because I get to be the baby in Adam's family....
and I've never gotten to be the baby of any family!

can't wait for next week..

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Holidays are always fun when you have LOTS of family around to visit with and see! So, I know what you mean about "small" family gatherings! Thats sorta why I want a big family!! But, the holidays are still fun and great!!!! Anyway, Have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete