4.01.2014

Life in the Making: 36 Weeks..

36 Weeks Pregnant with my little babe




This week (well maybe last few weeks)
have really started to set in that I could be having
this little man anytime now. 
I have started to realize that I need to start
figuring out the type of parents we are going to be
and reading up on informative books about
parenting! Like.. we are having a kid people! 
:) 

This week has also been getting really tough.
I had an emotional break down on Sunday..
I just am feeling so large and so low..
I think in the last little bit he's dropped some 
because I feel a lot more pressure and have a lot
harder time sitting .. modestly? haha.. I just can't deal.
I really don't know if I can make it 4 more weeks like this. 
I am just realizing how much your body goes through in the last 
few months and it's quite a killer. 

I had my doctor appointment this week at
36 weeks & 5 days.
I am not dilated really at all she said..but she did
say maybe I've thinned a little..
And baby's head is still down so that is good.
I'm getting anxious and do not want to have to go over
my due date.. how depressing would that be!
Everything at the appt looked good though 
it was actually a really really fast appt
She couldn't believe that people were asking if I was
having twins or triplets! 
She said that I was measuring just a week ahead, 
about 38 weeks.. but I wasn't measuring ginormous! 
I did tell her I'm getting VERY uncomfortable.
I really have a hard time sitting, standing, sleeping for long periods.
I am trying to do everything that I need to before baby comes
like school work and other last minute baby preparations
but it sure is hard to do anything for a long time.

My swelling is still the same as it's been. 
Ankles get pretty bad if I do not wear compression socks or keep
them elevated off and on all day. 
My feet and back hurt at the end of the day almost no matter what.
Adam unfortunately has to be around me late at night and 
I get so grumpy and uncomfortable later at night.
I think just because I work all day and come up and then by like 9 or 10 
I'm just in a grumpy mood and all my aches 
and pains are in full mode! 
I literally dread the nights and even sleep..
I have such a hard time getting into a comfortable position. 
I think I'm experiencing the sciatic nerve pain.
My right thigh has been numb after periods of standing
for about the last 3 months. 
This pain is a little different. I almost feel like it hurts so bad
it kind of paralyzes me until I sit down.
It runs up my butt in to lower lower back on my right side.

Besides these typical aches and pains 
pregnancy is still great.
I have no major complaints and feel so lucky
that I'm healthy and baby boy is healthy. 
I am so glad I haven't had to be put on bed rest or 
undergo anything major. 
I really can't believe we are getting down to almost 3 weeks! 
its seems crazy how fast its gone.
I can kind of picture our little guy and 
can put myself into a mom role..but 
I just am getting excited to finally meet him..

My family has been very cute to! 
My brother is gone a lot of weekends this month and he keeps telling me
that I need to have him on a week day and 
it makes me feel good that he wants to be a part of 
all this stuff! 
I secretly hope that he will be able to be around when
I go into labor! :) 
Our parents are both very excited for us
and our other siblings as well. 
Now we just get to play the waiting game! 


Date: March 31, 2014
How far along? 
36 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: ugh worst question ever.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? oh yes. :( And I think I'm getting more! Adam and I are noticing more on my hips.. my poor middle section just looks tore up.
Sleep: Honestly I kind of dread it because I can't ever get comfy or it just takes awhile.. And I am up like every two hours for the bathroom..but when I do get it it's wonderful! Especially if I get a little extra sleep on Saturdays.
Best moment this week: Hearing baby boy's heart beat at my appt this week.. And washing some of his little itty bitty cute clothes :) And Adam feeling lots of wiggles and stretches from the baby.
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss anything? Yeeess.... Like bending over, moving, getting anything done, sleeping.. haha I am uncomfortable!
Movement: yeah! I will see my belly rolling around here and there and that's fun to see him moving now and feel it. I love when Adam feels it and talks to him.. melts my heart.
Food cravings: Still enjoying cold things, like an Icee.. yum! but only blue raspberry..
Anything making you queasy or sick: No. I've been so lucky about that.
Other pregnancy symptoms: I've noticed lots more pelvic pressure.. When I stand up it takes me a second to just move. . He is sitting so incredibly low it's insane. My left knee has been hurting a lot too. I think just trying to carry this extra weight.. 
Have you started to show yet: 
haha
Gender prediction: Boy!
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks and lower pressure.
Belly button in or out?  In but so squished I can't even look at it.. it looks so weird.
Wedding ring on or off? Off :(
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy for the most part.. still getting my bouts of anxiety or stress! And I am getting grumpy at night..
How’s hubby doing??He's awesome. He always checks on me to make sure I'm feeling good.. he'll give me rub downs when I need them.. He loves to put his hand on my belly at night when we are getting into bed.. and just feel his son move.
Baby preparations: finished washing and putting away most of his clothes.. I wanted to go through and make sure I had everything that he got washed. Hospital bag final preparations and postpartum stuff too.
Looking forward to: spending this weekend in Pine Valley. I am hoping I can just sit and relax the whole weekend - and I'm looking forward to getting assignments done for school! :)














1 comment: