4.23.2014

Due Date has Arrived.. Still Pregnant..

Today is the big day..
April 23rd! 

I can't believe I have made it to my due date
and have not had this baby yet! 
For some weird reason it doesn't seem
totally real to me but here we are ..
still pregnant as ever! 
 Everyone I talk to is so suprised that I haven't had
him yet and am now at my due date.
I think I really had a hard time believe I am over-due 
because everyone told me I would go so early.
People at church and family members kept telling 
me I probably wouldn't even really go in to April 
and here we are..
I remember being worried about when my parents
left for Hawaii when I was 34 weeks thinking
what if something happened! 
i was totally anxious while they were gone..
hilarious now!? yes! 

Well... 
These last few weeks have been pretty tough! 
This last week especially I have had the worst 
case of the swollen feet and ankles.
They have been swollen a lot but my feet
now have puffed so bad shoes don't fit..
I can attempt to put flips on, but then I have to take
them off because they are so uncomfortable
and leave huge indentations.

We've gotten a lot of questions like hey when are you due
or when is this baby coming.. 
Yeah we don't know either! 
My last few appointments had not dilated at all
my appointment last Friday I was finally dilated to a 1!
hallelujah something happened! 
I had another follow up appointment on Tuesday (yesterday)
and I was still at a 1+ the doctor said.. not quite a 2.
I've had my membranes stripped twice.. 
which is not pleasant at all.
The second time around I could actually feel the swiping she was
vigorously doing down there. 
kill.me.now.
My blood pressure is still creeping up there so I have 
another appointment on Friday. 
She did mention that she would be all for something
happening that would have to make us interfere 
and deliver early.. so 
that could my blood pressure we will see. 
I am getting annoyed with all the doctor visits
but if we can get closer to meeting our little guy
then I'm all for it.

If baby decides not to come on his own
I am set to be induced on April 30th, one week from today.
Now that is crazy! 
I know he can come on his own, but then it's just 
weird that I actually have a date set where I'll for sure go into 
Labor and then have my baby! 

My school semester ends on May 5th.
I have been really trying to get all my papers done.
I had 3 to write and I'm glad to say I have 1 down for sure.
I think that Heavenly Father plans out exactly what we need
and I believe that he is wanting me to get all my  homework
done for the semester so when baby comes
he has my full attention and I don't have to worry about
homework at that point.
I am working really hard to get it all done so 
that he can make his arrival! 
I can't wait to be done with school at least for 3 weeks
till summer semester starts, but I will feel such a huge
sense of relief once I'm done and then I'll be so excited
to get this baby here! 

Well happy due date to me! :) 

I'll do another post for 40 weeks..
might as well continue documenting this large
crazy stage! 











No comments:

Post a Comment