4.08.2014

Life in the Making: 37 Weeks.. Full Term!

37 Weeks.. Full Term! 

Officially Full Term! 

I am so excited that I've been able to make it this far in my pregnancy
but I also am so ready for him to come.. haha.

I am afraid I may be induced but who knows.
I've had 3 appointments and so far nothing has happened at
these appointments..
no dilation or anything which is kind of depressing! 

This week has been eventful though. 
I had my 37 and 5 days check up on Monday, April 7th.
I went in got my cervix checked..
still really painful but I guess you just sort of get use to it.
She said sorry hun not dilating, and she wasn't even sure if 
he's descended much into my pelvis..
which I feel like he totally has.. ugh! 
Well anyway, she goes on to say that they detected some
protein in my urine which is a sign of having toxemia.
She ordered me to be on bed rest until further notice,
at least until we get these test results back.
I was then given a huge jug and weird contraption thing
to pee in and then collect my urine for 24 hours. 
That is quite difficult you know. . 
I was up about 4 times last night and had to collect it each time.
Once we get these results back they'll let me know what's next.
My doctor mentioned that if the levels are really high
we will be delivering the baby soon because that is the only
thing that gets rid of toxemia. 
She also mentioned a c-section to me.. 
I will have to clarify not sure if that meant if I am toxemic or
if that is just because my body doesn't want to do anything.
Who knows. 
I am not dreading the idea of a c-section though.. 
I have been pretty open about any methods of delivery
as long as they involve drugs, sorry baby! 

I go into see her on Thursday April 10th and from there
I can see what test results were and then what the options are.
I am hoping that I will not be required to be on bed rest
indefinitely till he decides to come. I can't imagine being cooped
up at home that long.. IF he wanted to come late. 

I have only been on bed rest for going on 1 1/2 days now..
but Adam has been such an amazing help and really
taking this bed rest thingy seriously. 
He won't let me barley get my own bowl of cereal when
I'm already up using the bathroom or anything.
It's been amazing seeing him take such good care of me
and really ordered me to bed rest..
I'm pretty stubborn and like to do things on my own
so having him around to help me is weird 
but it's best for me and baby's health right now..
So I'm just grateful for this lovely husband of mine. 

It's been kind of weird because I feel relatively fine.
Besides being huge and uncomfortable I don't feel super different. 
Although over the last few weeks I've noticed my hands and wrists
swell up more than usual but not crazy puffy.. my ankles and feet
are pretty swollen to, unless they are elevated or I have compression socks on.
I am not sure if that is some sure signs of toxemia but we will see I guess.

Besides these new turn of events
everything is going smoothly. 
We have pretty much everything ready for baby boy to get here.
I feel anxious and really nervous.
Adam and I talked about our family situations
and what we want and need. 
I know it's hard for Adam because he knows its my body
going through everything and I feel strongly about some things
and obviously need my mom around 24/7.. So luckily
we have made preparations and talked to our family members
about everything. Which has put my anxiety-ridden mind at ease. 
I still feel like I have baby preparations to do but I guess
that just comes with the fact that you are going into 
uncharted territory. .
I feel like we have 'stuff' we need for him 
but at the same time I feel panicked in the fact
that I don't feel 'ready' yet..I don't know it's a strange mix of feelings.


I am still guessing this babe will be big.
I am thinking he's got to be around 8 lbs now, haha.
so lets hope he doesn't have to stay in there for 3 more weeks.
Still getting some comments on the fact that I look like
I'm having twins. . luckily I haven't got one in awhile
so that makes me happy.
I'll have to take everyone's guess on how big
he'll be and maybe the date he'll come. . 

Adam and I are both getting anxious to meet our little baby D
and just don't know what to expect on this crazy journey.
I can't believe how fast time has gone..
These have been in all honestly like the fastest 9 months of my life. 


*not doing my cute survey this week as I pretty much just updated you on what's important..




















No comments:

Post a Comment