4.15.2014

Life in the Making: 38 Weeks..

38 Weeks..
At this point I've lost all desire to 'get ready' or make
an attempt at looking semi 'cute'..




Honestly, I'm shocked we are still here.
This little boy doesn't want to come out yet! 
I really did not think we would make it to 38 weeks
and now almost 39 weeks actually as today is 04/14
It is just crazy! 
I thought I would definitely be going early
probably because I got a lot of comments on my belly size
and that I would barley make it into April before he 
would make his arrival. 
Between friends, family, church members and
work people I just assumed that they all had good
predictions I guess and I would not be going to 40 weeks.
But here we are..

I know this is the hard part of pregnancy, which is definitely true in my case.
I think with my incredibly large belly I am struggling a lot.
I can't bend over worth anything..
I am mostly miserable while standing and sitting for long periods of time.
I could really go on and on about my misery.. One thing that has helped me
is my husband. 
I don't know what I would do without him.
He's been a pain in the butt during this pregnancy like all guys are
but he truly has been the best thing that ever happened to me.
I am such a crab mostly at night when I have had it with the day
and he always is there to listen to me complain and
then he'll rub my disgusting swollen feet ankles and legs.
There is nothing better than this. 
He also listens to my  nonsense talking. I go from one extreme to the other..
pregnancy hormones, nesting all that lovely stuff is kicking in I think.
I adore this man and honestly would not have been able to make it
through this pregnancy without him by my side. 
He gives me all the strength and courage to go on 
I love him to pieces. 

On Thursday last week 04/10, we had our follow up doctor appt.
I was informed that I in fact, do not have toxemia but my blood
pressure was pretty high, around 144, quite high for me.
I hadn't dilated or done anything but Dr. Winward wanted to go ahead
and send me over to Labor & Delivery to be checked out and monitored.
So luckily, Adam was with me and we went over there and I got
all checked in and monitored for about 2 hours. 
My blood pressure went down and my first reading there was like 113..
it was just crazy how different it was and I felt relatively fine. 
So needless to say, they sent us home. 
They advised me to take it easy but did not really say anything else.
The next day, Friday, I decided to go to work all day, which I felt fine.
And then that night Adam and I were getting a few things done around the house
and then decided to go get my car washed and head to Costco for a
few things. We walked around for probably an hour or so that night.
When we got back home I started to feel this really bad pain in my lower
left side of my stomach very close to my groin area.
The baby was still moving around in there so I didn't feel that he was
in trouble or anything but I could barley walk or move.
It only felt fine if I was laying completely still or sitting still.
That night we decided to call Labor & Delivery and just ask them
what they thought. The lady I spoke to said it was probably a ligament
or possibly a hernia. I think it was a ligament as 3 days later
it has calmed down a lot and isn't killing me so bad. 
I kinda think I did too much that day. 
Dr. Winward said that she does not advise me going to Costco and
doing anything like that again.. it probably wasn't a good idea.
We had another appt today and my blood pressure
is still a bit high.. 
I don't officially have toxemia but I do have to take it easy this week
she wants me to basically be on bed rest as much as I can.
I am still going to work at least part time in the office though.
These last few weeks have been crazy! 
I don't want to bore you to death on my medical condition
but I am keeping track of all this new stuff for my records. 

I will be going back in to the doctor here in a few days
so we will see how that goes.
I really am ready for him to be here..I am obviously so anxious
and nervous but so ready at the same time.
The doctor said I have a higher chance of C section since my cervix
is doing nothing and especially if my blood pressure continues
to be high.. so we are waiting.

I really can't wait to meet our little guy.
While in Target Adam and I both just gradually head to the baby section
and look at all their cute clothes.
It's so fun to pick stuff out for him and
Adam is so excited for this little boy! 
he would buy all the ninja turtle stuff he could if I'd let him! :) 

After every appointment I get to drive past the temple
and I just love staring at its beauty and
saying a little prayer of thanks for giving me 
this miracle of being pregnant and raising a boy.
Even through my complaints and pains I still wouldn't
take the experience away and am beyond grateful to go through this
and bring a beautiful life into this world. 


I also had to document that we went to Pine Valley 2 weekends ago
and it was beautiful up there as always.. but a little cold.
We mostly stayed inside the whole time to watch conference.
But it was still a nice relaxing weekend..
and no baby came :( 








Date: Monday, April 14-2014
How far along? 38.5 weeks.
Total weight gain/loss: Up 
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? all over.. do they just decide to take over your stomach?
Sleep: so hard.. but when I get comfortable it's amazing. 
Best moment this week: hearing the heart beat.. picking out some little outfits for him.. getting some info on his size. 
Have you told family and friends: Yes 
Miss anything? being able to shop whenever I wanted and having the energy to do so.. being able to do anything around the house really.. I miss just being myself as far as that stuff goes! I want to be able to do cleaning and organizing but just can't. 
Movement: yeah! on Friday night while laying back he was being so wiggly and we saw a huge lump/movement on one side of my belly and a little punch/kick on the other side.. it was so crazy.. and alien like, but we are loving it! 
Food cravings: nothing really particular.. ice cream still.. and I love a good blue Icee.
Anything making you queasy or sick: no thankfully! 
Other pregnancy symptoms: very swollen, can't move really cuz I'm so huge, heartburn every night basically around 12-2 a.m. 
Have you started to show yet: 
duh.
Gender prediction: boy
Labor signs: No. I mean I thought I was having a few contractions yesterday and I was getting kind of excited.. but today.. my body has still not dilated or thinned out at all. 
Belly button in or out?  belly is in.. kind of. my belly is so stretched that it's just all around flat. 
Wedding ring on or off? Off.. oh we are swollen.
Happy or moody most of the time: haha sadly, I think lately i've been moody.. especially around my hubby.. I've been having spurts of crying and being a brat. 
How’s hubby doing?? he's doing fantastic. Always making sure I am comfortable or sitting.. Will get up and grab whatever I need.. and is still taking care of house and dinner every night. Listens to my complaints and still loves me :) 
Baby preparations: Just making sure his room is ready.. bought batteries for our little rock n play sleeper, trying to clean here and there when I can..
Looking forward to: getting to meet our little man... so I'm looking forward to Friday again to see if by chance we had an end in sight. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment