3.18.2014

Life in the Making: 34 Weeks..

34 Weeks..
and boy is baby boy growing! 

I really can't believe that I can meet this little guy 
pretty much at anytime! 
I have so many emotions about it.
I'm so nervous and anxious about the delivery
and about afterwards and bringing him home..
But I'm also super excited to meet him and see
what he looks like and to make sure he's as healthy as can be.

I'm so happy I got the chance to be pregnant.
It's been such an exciting time in our lives.
I have been so blessed with a easy pregnancy
and with having the joy of carrying a child.
I have definitley complained as I've gotten bigger
and A LOT more uncomfortable
but in hindsight I am so glad I got to be pregnant!

We just can't wait for this little addition 
and surely have a lot of stressors and worries already! 

34 weeks has been relatively good for me!
I am feeling so huge and uncomfortable though
I have a really hard time getting up and down out of the
couch or our bed or the truck.
We bought an F250 a few weeks ago and traded
our chrysler 300 in. 
We both really like it a lot but it has a big lift on it
so it is hard to get up and down and out of that thing
Adam has to boost me up into the truck. 

I have been experiencing more Braxton Hicks 
the last week or so. 
They are not painful it's just like mild cramping
For me, my whole stomach does not tighten or anything
like I've heard some peoples does. 
They have been consistent in the fact that I have a few each day..

I have my first appointment tomorrow where they will 
check my cervix. 
I am nervous for that appointment just because
I have no idea what to expect or what it'll feel like.
My  mom told me that at her first cervix check her water broke
that night with me and I came 3 weeks early. 
I am hoping that is not the case for me
as I am only going to be 35 weeks this week! 
I also don't feel quite ready yet.. I don't know why!
We have most everything we need for him
I guess mentally I need to prepare for all that is to come! 
Of course I am sure you can't do much 'preparing'.

Whenever Adam and I run to Walmart for something
we always end up wandering through the baby section. 
We have gotten a few random things for him these last few
trips we have gone there.
Adam picked out a onesie and a cute little rattle.
We also like to look at everything we will be getting him
like all the fun toys and cute clothes as he gets older.
It sure is feeling more real and real everyday! 

I really can't believe that in 6 weeks or less.. he could be here! 
People.. this is getting real.

He sure did lots of rolls and stretches this week.
One night we were sitting eating dinner and I was kind of laying
back on our couch when he decided to be incredibly 
bouncy in my belly.
Adam was watching it like, holy crap! 
He would bulge out one side of my tummy and 
then the other.. He was kind of going crazy for a minute
and I loved every minute of that! 
I'll definitely miss feeling these fun movements of this 
little life inside of me! 

I haven't had any complications so far.. thankfully
and I am still feeling good besides feeling huge and uncomfortable.
I noticed the last few days my hands have started to swell more.
Yesterday they felt really swollen and chubby but have since gone down.
The peeing in the middle of night is getting ridiculous. 
I'll usually get up around 12-1 a.m., 2 a.m., and then 5 a.m.
Its crazy! 

I have started packing my hospital bag.
I really thought I would be the type to have it packed by 20 weeks
but for some reason I was just so lazy getting it ready.
I threw in a few things but know that some things will have to 
be thrown in as we are leaving.
My lovely friend, Kris loaned me some of her nursing tanks
and nursing sports bra to wear, which is awesome.
I was wanting to go out and buy some but that was so helpful
She also gave me a bunch of things she didn't or hardly used
that will help in recovery. 
I have made a major master list of things to pack and have 
for when I'm home. 
I have a little controlling personality and am usually pretty organized
so I want to have everything ready to go before he comes
although I'm realizing that might not be the case. 
I wanted to do a huge Costco trip and pile up on things we need
but we will see if we have time for that! 
Although my mom keeps reminding me that I'll want out of the house
and Adam can watch him while I run errands or something..
and I can always call people to bring me things. 
I guess my weird personality is not able to plan these things out
as much as I would like, because you just don't know what to expect. 

My parents and sister were gone in Hawaii last week for Spring Break.
I for some reason was very anxious all week
.. just thinking baby don't come now.
So needless to say I am glad that they are back and are not leaving
on another trip until after he's born.
:) 

I've noticed lately a few of my shirts do not fit anymore or are just too tight.
I am depressed about that, but I guess he's just deciding to grow a ton right now.
I haven't had any big cravings either. 
I mean I still stock up on ice cream, so my husband will say ice cream.
Oh and I guess as the weather has gotten nicer outside
I have wanted a slurpee/icee for some reason at Maverick..
which is kind of weird for me..
And I did have a big craving for Cafe Rio this last weekend..
it was SO good.
So I guess a few cravings this week :) 

We took a cute family photo this week too.
Minus my face and Adam..
Aren't we all cute? belly and all! 






Date: March 17, 2014
How far along? 
34 weeks

Total weight gain/loss: well I've started to not track/care at this point.
Maternity clothes? Yes
Stretch marks? oh yes. :(
Sleep: Honestly I kind of dread it because I can't ever get comfy or it just takes awhile.. And I am up like every two hours for the bathroom..
Best moment this week: Running to Walmart with Adam and getting a few random baby clothes just because we can.. And Adam working on his project for the nursery for our babies name.
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss anything? Being able to do things around the house more like I'm used to. . and feeling comfortable getting up and down.. It's just such a chore now.
Movement: yeah! I will see my belly rolling around here and there and that's fun to see him moving now and feel it. I love when Adam feels it and talks to him.. melts my heart.
Food cravings: I really wanted an Icee the other day but other than that not really.
Anything making you queasy or sick: No. I've been so lucky about that.
Other pregnancy symptoms: soreness.. Like getting up after sitting for awhile or getting out of bed.. it takes awhile to adjust and have the stiffness where off. My belly is stretched to the max to and hurts really bad around my belly button! This babe is pushing hard on that stomach of mine. . My stomach is itchy too even though I put cream on it and everything. Still experience some back pain after a long day or my feet just really hurting.. I always heat up a hot pad and that feels wonderful. I am also still swelling a bit.. my ankles and feet obviously, and a little bit in my hands, some days are worst than others.
Have you started to show yet: 
haha
Gender prediction: Boy!
Labor signs: Braxton Hicks is really all that I've felt that is 'new'.
Belly button in or out?  In but so squished I can't even look at it.. it looks so weird.
Wedding ring on or off? Off :(
Happy or moody most of the time: Happy for the most part.. still getting my bouts of anxiety or stress!
How’s hubby doing?? He's doing well! He is just trying to be a part of everything and help me out as much as possible.
Baby preparations: Getting his clothes washed and put away .. getting my hospital bag packed this week! I am trying to work on getting that done. Finalize more stuff in the nursery!
Looking forward to: taking Maternity pictures.. Hopefully we can here in the next week or two! I am probably already too big and fat, but oh well :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment