3.10.2014

Life in the Making: 33 Weeks..

33 Weeks 





Well I've made it to 33 weeks! 
Baby boy is measuring  around 4.2-5.8 lbs and
17-18 inches, he is measuring a week ahead 
but we will go off of '33' week measurements. 
He is still getting the hiccups here and there
which is so fun to feel! 
Dr. Winward said that is completely  normal and actually 
a really good thing! 

We had our 33 week visit on Thursday this week. 
Adam couldn't come because of work 
but it was pretty quick anyway
His heart beat was strong and so sweet to listen to!
I had been feeling period-like cramps
a few times this week and last
and she said that was Braxton Hicks and
it was totally normal and that 
they will get more intense as I get further along..
oh dear.
I have been retaining a lot more fluid
and my blood pressure was a little higher than last appt
but she didn't act concerned only if it gets worse as 
time goes on. 
I told her I was afraid of giving birth to a huge baby
and told her Adam was 9 lbs but I was only 6 lbs..
She just laughed and said hopefully he is a
happy medium in between you two.
And unfortunately by hospital law
cannot induce me until I'm a week past due..
Geez let's hope he doesn't want to come a week late and be huge.

At our next appointment on March 18 
They will check my cervix! 
I am kind of nervous, it'll be crazy to think I'm already getting this close! 
They also will check me for Group Strep B I think is what its called?
When my doctor was asking me about the baby's movement
I was telling her I think he's grown because now
I'm feeling more rolls, pushes, stretches etc. 
not so much kicks
and then she asked if I can feel 10 in two hours
which I really don't think I feel that many in two hours
or I'm not good to pay attention. 
So she suggested we do a fetal monitoring there at
the office for about 30 minutes.
I did that after the appointment.
I sat in a nice lazy boy recliner and they taped my belly up 
so they could hear his heart beat.
I did get to listen to his heart beat in a quiet room 
by myself for at least 30 minutes..which was awesome
I loved listening to it.
I was supposed to push this little button every time I felt something.
The nurse brought me back some orange juice to drink.
This helped to wake him up and
after about 20-25 minutes Dr. Winward came in and
said everything looked perfect and he was moving around
in there just normal. 
She said you can't make a 'good baby look bad or a bad baby look good'.
I'm so relieved everything looked normal.
I guess sometimes I think maybe I'm paranoid or something
but at least it gives me a piece of mind 
and the doctor suggested it..so I feel better! 
Adam's cousin Charity goes to Dr. Winward as well
and so I told her that and she absolutely loves Charity
and said oh your family is just the best anyone of them 
can come see me! 
It was cool. I feel like this appt has been one of my better ones
where I got a lot of questions answered and didn't feel rushed.

I have been really experiencing the 3rd trimester symptoms
of not being able to do like anything..
I am trying to keep up on my house work
but that is becoming difficult. 
Last night Adam and I went to Walmart and were probably
gone for like 1 1/2 hours or so
and I was struggling! ha! 
My feet, back and stomach was hurting.
I am sure feeling large and its really starting to take its toll.
I also can't really sleep.
I find I usually get up to pee around 12, 2, 4-5 and then I'm up by 6ish.
I guess that's how you get prepared for this little babe
to keep me awake all hours of the night.
It's getting really difficult to sleep at night and 
obviously to be comfortable. 
I have a body pillow so that does help and makes me feel better
our bed is so high up Adam sometimes has to push me
out of bed as I'm rolling out, haha its probably hilarious to watch.
I also am struggling to get in our little chrysler car.
I prefer not to drive that, its pretty difficult getting in and out of it.
Again, Adam has to help me out or push me to get out, haha..

Stranger comments have started getting a little annoying.
When we were at Walmart the cashier was chatty. 
She was nice though and said she never looked cute like me
when she was pregnant..
ha, have you seen cute? I haven't, thanks though.
But then she asked of course when I'm due, and 
oh you aren't going to make it to your due date.
You look so uncomfortable your probably going to go early.
You must have a really big baby  in there..
Asked how big Adam and I were and I said Adam
was a 9lb baby and she said oh well yeah I figured you were 
probably pretty big! haha, it was funny
but also kind of crazy! 
Then I was leaning up against a wall at work
and I was on the phone.
I see these two people walking down the hallway and
I think it was a mother and older son. 
And he says oh She's pregnant! and then I hear the mom say as she turns 
the corner from me, Oh glad that's not me! 
And then her son says be nice mom! 
It was weird! 
I wanted to get off the phone and be like yeah I'm pregnant.
what?! :)

I took a bath in my parents huge tub the other night.
It felt wonderful.
Adam even gave me a wonderful little pedicure..
No I can't have him paint my toes
but he did a decent job! 


I've had my baby shower already! 
It was amazing! 
I will do a separate post for that soon! 
We have gotten a lot of things we need for the nursery
and for baby boy! I feel a lot more prepared
but still have a lot of anxiety about the delivery
and just him coming I guess.
I'm obviously anxious good and anxious scared! 
Adam and I still have to organize and 
decorate the nursery a little bit 
but that stuff is kind of fun.. if I can find the energy to do it!
I'll post pictures of the nursery soon too once
we have accomplished something in the room! :) 

I have loved feeling this little man squirm in my belly.
I don't think I'll ever get sick of that. 
I love feeling him stretch and roll 
and make one side of my stomach protrude out and
become hard, its just fun and I will always cherish
the times I got to feel this little life growing inside of me! 


Date: March 7 2014
How far along? 
33 Weeks
Total weight gain/loss:  oh I think I am up 30 lbs... :( i am not going to look at the scale anymore.
Maternity clothes? Yep.. nothing else will fit!
Stretch marks? Yes.. I've had horrible stretch marks and it happened almost overnight.
Sleep: It's getting a lot harder to sleep. I think I might need a little step stool for my bed.. it's a little high and its getting hard to get on and off..
Best moment this week: Definitely my baby shower.. baby boy got spoiled.
Have you told family and friends: Yes
Miss anything? Just exercising a little bit (can't believe I'm saying that)ha!) and being able to just move without feeling so uncomfortable and huge! Like going to Walmart is exhausting and makes my whole body feel sore after being on my feet for so long.
Movement: Yes! In fact at my appt I had to monitor his fetal movement. . and he is moving around in there and his heart beat is strong! I kind of like this stage where I feel rolls and hiccups.. it's so fun.
Food cravings:Honestly, nothing really. I haven't been a real crazy pregnant person with my cravings.
Anything making you queasy or sick: nothing making me sick.. I've been so lucky to not feel any sickness.
Other pregnancy symptoms: very swollen feet and ankles these last few days.. which is uncomfortable. not being able to sleep. and having a hard time struggling to get in and out of chairs, cars etc. (all of these symptoms still like last week.. I guess these will probably stay the same for now) OH and I have been experiencing a few Braxton Hick contractions as well. 
Have you started to show yet: 
uh yeah..I guess I'm probably having 'a huge baby'.. ha as strangers say.
Gender prediction: little boy!
Labor signs: not yet.. but I have had a few small Braxton Hick contractions.
Belly button in or out? It's kind of in still but it's really stretched so I'm curious to see if it pops out.
Wedding ring on or off? Off...  I now am wearing my grandma's ring I got from her and it's pretty, it's adjustable too so that helps!
Happy or moody most of the time: happy most of the time! So excited to be having this blessing.. but then feeling extremely anxious for delivery and raising a child :)
How’s hubby doing?? Hubby is doing awesome. He is trying his best to take care of me and help me get around. He's really getting into baby  mode and got our car seat installed and has helped get some nursery stuff put away. he loved looking through all the gifts with me that was fun!
Baby preparations: Well after our baby shower we got a lot of stuff, thankfully! I also made a Target run this week with my mom and we got a few more items on the list that no one had purchased for us that we really need! He has a lot of blankets and clothes! :) I think we are basically ready except for doing preparations to the nursery.. It's getting more real and real everyday!
Looking forward to: A prenatal massage that I'm hoping to get in about a week! I seriously can't wait.. I want to be pampered haha. I am also looking forward to having a nice relaxing weekend!

















No comments:

Post a Comment