4.06.2012

General Conference.. Pine Valley Weekend..

Last weekend was amanzing General Conference time again! Those 6 months seem to fly by for me! Per tradition, we went up to Pine Valley to watch it with my family. I am really disappointed that I did not take more pictues! I always take a lot of pics, and for some reason I have a lousy two.. Oh well!

I decided to go up on Friday with my family because Adam had to work Saturday. We got up there mostly in time to organize the cabin, play a few games, and head to bed. I loved being up there with my sister though, just the two of us! She is growing up so quickly that I am a little sad to not get to hang out with her as much, especially since she is at such a fun and busy stage in her life! Buuutt.. we did get to hang together for awhile! On Saturday morning I woke up pretty early like 7:30 - which is early for me for a Saturday! Although the last year I have been waking up pretty early even on weekends, which is sad! I went out on the front porch and read and watched my crazy dog play with the neighbor dog! It's such a peaceful thing to be up there and outside in the morning where it's so peaceful and quiet. I love that feeling and really enjoy being outside in the morning sun!

We watched the two sessions of G.C. with a nice long walk around Pine Valley in between the two sessions. Adam got up just in time for the second session to start and brough up delicious Russo's pizza with him! We had a fun night of games and naps :) Then Sunday we did pretty much the same thing over again.. except for the fact that I woke up to it SNOWING outside.. yes, I was super disappointed because I love being up in the nice weather in PV and being able to relax outside! The whole day it basically snowed off & on and we didn't get to go for a walk or open the doors or anything, so that put a damper on the day.. But the sessions were awesome that day and we had a lot of fun playing games and hanging out together. I love general conference and am really excited for the talks to come out in the Ensign because I always feel like I can get more out of them if I am reading them!


This is a good snapshot of what the weekend mostly consisted of! Except for Tana was usually running around playing unless she was snuggling up to my mom! 




This is the last General Conference Trev will miss.. since he is set to come home in less than 100 days! :) I'm so excited! I'm also very happy that spring has officially sprung! I am so ready for great weather and to be outside more.. I think Montana is ready for the warmer weather too since she gets spoiled with walks from both me and my mom!

This weekend is Easter and no big plans for the Holden household.. We will probably relax and enjoy our 'no plans' for the weekend, and then head over for an Easter dinner with my family!
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment