6.12.2013

The month of May & Memorial Day..

So I'm playing a little catch up..
Where did the month of May go? I seriously don't remember..
These months just continue to fly by for me! 

May was full of birthdays, babies & Pine Valley.. 
and a lot of work thrown in there too! 

May 12th was my Dad's 50th birthday! 
I am so lucky to have a Dad like mine! I'm not sure what I would do
without his contagious laughter and generous heart! 
His birthday was very low key and we just hung around
our house since it also happened to fall on Mother's Day.
The whole Sunday was perfect though and nice to celebrate
both of my parents on their special days! 


I got to see this little beauty of a babe a few times as well.
People may start thinking she's mine since I post
so many pictures of her.. but no.. I'm just obsessed a little 


My cousin also had her baby girl, Kenna on May 9th.
I finally got to see her a few weeks later and she is a doll.

This month I also started my Primary calling in my church.
I think I talked about that briefly a little while ago.
I am enjoying it and trying to just get the flow of things.
It's going to be a lot of work, already has been, but I'm excited. 

We've been swimming a lot here too! My husband is like a fish
and can swim all day, every day.. 
so that's been an almost daily occurrence. .
Especially since he's working in the 100 degree weather :)

This year for Memorial Day we continued our tradition and headed up to 
beautiful Pine Valley for the long weekend. 
We had my brother's in laws up there as well so it 
turned out to be quite the party. 
We mostly played corn hole, ate, slept, planted a garden, and
did more eating. 
The weather was perfect though and we had a nice fire one night
and lots of games! 



 I don't really get sick of Pine Valley.. if I could I would
stay up there longer. I'm hopeful that I'll go up a lot this summer
and be able to enjoy the cool weather and have some 
nice walks or hikes up there. That weekend went by too fast and 
I feel like I need to go back up soon! 
I'm so glad my husband and I get along so well with my 
sister-in-laws family! I love the Theobalds and we
always are guaranteed to have a pretty good time! 
They definitely help make our weekends less quiet! 

On actual Memorial Day we headed home in the morning 
to get some stuff done and then decided to go see 
Fast & Furious 6, which I thought was pretty good! 


It was a great Memorial Weekend and kick off to summer! 



No comments:

Post a Comment