6.27.2013

Adam's 27th


My sweet husband turned 27 on June 11th. 
Seriously, where is the time going? I can't believe we are getting this old.
We both can't seem to fathom almost being 30
not to mention going on 5 years of marriage.. 

I am not so sure Adam had a really fun birthday.. 
Our plans kind of kept changing as his day arrived. 
His parents were going to come the weekend before his birthday
and I had gotten really excited to have a mini-birthday celebration
with them, and then they ended up not making it down.
Which was pretty sad.. but we understood. 
I knew his birthday we would both be working...
those adult responsibilities are not fun sometimes! 
I was hoping he'd get off early and I could take him out to lunch  or something
but my Dad and brother ended up taking him out, which made me feel good.

Then that night of his actual birthday everyone had things going on.
Both of my siblings and their significant others had obligations,
all of our friends (who am I kidding our like 2 friends) 
were busy as well.. 
so...... It was me, Adam and my parents. . ha.

Luckily, Adam was a great sport about it. When we both got off
work we went to my parents house and had yummy pizza, opened some
gifts, went swimming for a few hours and then had some
delicious cake & ice cream. 

I am glad my parents were around to make his night a little 
more fun for us and help me give him some what of an enjoyable birthday! 

It really wasn't anything special, but I will take just being with him on
his birthday and knowing we are definitely 
'growing old' together! 

:)








No comments:

Post a Comment