12.12.2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This Thanksgiving Adam and I were blessed to 
be able to spend it with both of our families at
one place. His brother already had plans with his in-laws
so his parents decided to come down and stay with us for the
holiday weekend. I was really excited to see them and have them stay 
with us, since it had been about 4 months since we'd seen
them last! 

They came on Wednesday afternoon and we did some 
last minute shopping for dinner. We braved Costco the
day before Thanksgiving (which was crazy). Everyone
loves their pumpkin pies and I had grabbed like 4, since
my mother in law told me to, and people
kept asking me where I got them or if we would
put any back. Once we got back home we enjoyed a fun
night with Adam's parents. 

The next day was Thanksgiving and we were all heading over 
to my parents house for Thanksgiving dinner. It was so nice
to have both families eating together. My parents, siblings,
grandma, aunt, cousins etc.. were all together and then to 
have Adam's parents just made it so much better! 

As usual we had a fabulous meal! I love traditions and I 
especially love our Thanksgiving meal traditions. 






After we all ate dinner everyone kind of did their own thing.
The guys watched more football and all of us girls decided
to run to Michael's since they were having a big 'black Friday' sale!
We couldn't go off on our shopping adventure without 
our fuel.. 


We hit a lot of good sales at Michaels.. 
Once back home we just stayed and hung out as a
family and didn't really do much.. besides stuff our faces
with delicious pies! 

 Shifflet Girls.. minus my sister! 



 One Tired Puppy.. 

 Had to post this picture of the photo bomb my Father did
Just having some fun with this girl..

 My hott photographer husband..







  As you can see by all our pictures, we all were having too
much fun..



My brother was just trying to ruin all our pictures..


How beautiful is my grandmother??
So happy she was with us this year! 

It was a very successful Thanksgiving for Adam and I.
We definitely have been blessed this year with 
so many wonderful things. 
On Black Friday we decided to go with his parents 
and brave the crowds. I really wanted to go to Krumpets.
We got a ton of cute Christmas decorations
for our house! We also went to Shoe Carnival and Kohls, nothing
too crazy. However, Adam and I did decide to go 
help my brother and Linzi at Wal Mart, look at TV's, since
they were wanting to get one.
 We went Thanksgiving night when Wal Mart opened, and they
were packed. There wasn't a single thing in that store I wanted
to wait in line for!  



(don't worry Adam is sitting on a pillow)
That Friday we also got a new tree! Adam's wonderful
mom decided to buy it for us since we only had
a really small fake tree and an overly sized tree.
It was a beautiful 7.5 ft tall pre lit tree. It's gorgeous!
We spent the rest of the day eating left overs
and getting our house ready for Christmas! 
It was so nice having Adam's parents around
and his mom was more than willing to help me out
with all the Christmas decorations. 

Unfortunately, my in laws couldn't stay longer into 
Sunday but had to get back home on Saturday. They were so 
much help to us while they were here, probably more
than they  know! I had so much fun with them
and am thankful they could make the trip down! 
After they left Adam and I went and saw Lincoln with my
parents and grandma. It was a really great movie! 
I love this holiday season and am always 
grateful when it's here. I feel so blessed and lucky
to have two great families, a wonderful husband, a cute
puppy, and lots of great friends! Hope you all had a very
Happy Thanksgiving! 

No comments:

Post a Comment