12.24.2012

Buddy the Elf, Santa & the Annual Gingerbread Contest..

This week of Christmas Festivities didn't disappoint.
This year we looked at Christmas Lights.. there were some awesome ones.
We watched Christmas movies and had a lot of fun
family tiime.

One thing this year we did differently was adopting a family
through the Kony Coins for Kids program here in town.
We had all the gifts purchased and wrapped and it was time for delivery
last Friday night. We had a rough start finding their address
but were able to do so and deliver.
My brother dressed up as Buddy the Elf and Adam as Santa.
It was one of the funniest things I've ever seen..
Taylor's boyfriend Gabe dressed as their security personnel.
It was such a fun night.




We went and delivered the gifts.
Trev, Adam and Gabe were the only ones that actually
'delivered' and went to the door, but we all drove out
there. It was a very humbling experience for myself and
Adam just to realize how truly we blessed we are.
I have always had amazing Christmases and they've always
been filled with lots of giving and love.
Adam even said it was really a great experience. He said
the little kids had been waiting and looking out the window for
Santa to come deliver since 3 that afternoon, and we didn't
get there until about 7:30. The mom got very emotional
when the boys were setting the gifts down and
was overcome with gratitude.
I'm so thankful for the little things people do for one
another. After we delivered our gifts we went and
visited my Aunt Judy to show off the fun costumes.. she got a
hoot out of everyone.
My Uncle's little neice or granddaughter I'm not sure, was at
my parents house when Adam and I got back. He had to play
Santa to her for a little bit and so did Trev..
it was so fun to see this cute little 3 year get so excited
to see Adam and for Adam to play the actual 'role' of Santa.
I can't wait till we have kids of our own and he can play
Santa!


The next night was our annual Scavengerhunt that Adam's puts
together. He always does a really good job! This year was
a blast! We all met up and had dinner at Five Guys and then
started at my parents. This time was a little different
because we had a few more family in town
so we had to take two cars for our girls team. The guy lucked out
and got only one car! We also had my grandma with us
who is a little slow getting in and out and my prego
cousin who wasn't feeling too well.
We had 12 clues and we drove all around town finding them.
The clues were pretty easy and we were able to get to all
of them. It was just a pain waiting for our second
car to get there.
I think I explained this game last year, but here is a refresher.
This is the scavenger hunt where Adam came up with
12 clues of things to find. At each stop we have to take a picture
with our whole group in it and send it to Adam.
He then marks off the ones we have done.
This year it was boys against girls which is always a good
competition.
We ended up running into the boys car at Wal Mart.
Our bonus challenge was to run down the aisle and scream
'Santa is coming!' really loud.. my sister, cousin and I did this one.
Oh and you have to record it! The boys were crazy and running into us
there and then we actually ran into them at our next stop too
it was fun to try and slow them down!
At the end us girls ended up making it back to the house first
which was amazing! We were way excited!
However, we mess up on one of our clues and ended up loosing
by like 5 points I think! It was such a fun night though!
Adam had bought these dollar store candy bars that looked like
dollar bills as the grand prize money!
It was such a fun night!

The next night was our Gingerbread House Contest.
Adam and I ended up taking the Grand Prize Winner..
1st Place!



Adam actually found our idea on Pinterest..
We decided to do the log cabin theme! I was happy with how it turned
out..

My cousin kelsey did a cute school and Trev & Linzi's was
creative too! All of them were so cute!




I am excited that today is Christmas Eve and can't wait to
enjoy this beautiful holiday with my husband and family!
Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment