1.13.2013

Christmas 2012

I can't believe the Christmas holiday has come and gone already.
This year I don't know what it was but the whole month
of December flew by and I didn't even fit everything
in I was hoping to do! 

Christmas 2012 was spent here in St. George. 
I was lucky enough to have all my side of the family around
but we did miss our Holden family this year! 

We had my grandma in from Colorado, Uncle, Aunt and cousin
from Colorado, Uncle, Aunt, cousins from California and all our
St. George family this year.. 
On Christmas Eve Adam and I headed over around 2
to my parents house. I always like getting there early 
before all the rest of the family show up! 
My parents wanted to keep it real simple this year for dinner
and so we ordered Bucca Di Peppo for Christmas Eve. It was delicious! 
Our night was filled with the traditional festivities of Christmas Eve.
I sure love this night.. Christmas Eve has always
been the more celebrated day with my family! 


After our yummy dinner we exchanged cousin white-elephant
gifts and cousin gift card gifts.. 
Both of our 'stories' were fun and Adam and I ended up getting
an ovulation kit and 'boob job' for our white-elephant gifts! 
All of the gifts were pretty creative! 
For our gift cards we got Menchies and Cold Stone..
We didn't come out too bad with getting two yummy gift cards! 
After our gift exchanges we started the annual 
Bingo game! It got a little crazy with our 20+ people
but was still a blast nonetheless! 



Once the fun and games calmed down it was just my 
immediate family that was left, with grandma of course
and sometimes this is just the way I like it on Christmas Eve.
The night finally calms down and we can open a few presents.
We always get our surprise 'Christmas PJ's' which were so comfy..
This year Adam decided my mom should have some to open as
well, so we got her some cute red jammies. 









After we opened those presents we decided to head down stairs
and watch a movie. The past 3 years since Adam and I have 
been married, we have stayed the night at my parents..
it may be funny to some, since we live only about 5 minutes away
from them, but I love it! I guess it just makes me feel
like a kid again and I love being home. Adam is always such a supporter
and never really questions my crazy wishes! 
Unfortunately there is nothing like sleeping in your own bed,
so we didn't have the best nights sleep. 
Trevor pulled his mattress out on the basement floor, Tay was on the 
love sac and Adam and I slept on the couches.. We turned
on Polar Express and I was out within the first few minutes! 
I remember waking up around midnight that night 
my cute siblings and Adam sleeping peacfully and I looked
at my mom's beautiful tree that she has had since I was young
and it was giving off the perfect Christmas glow I couldn't resist snapping a shot
of it..I just love it..


Even though we have no young children in my family yet..
we were somehow all up at 6:30.. way too early! 
My mom is cute and still does the whole "Santa" thing for Tay
and us since we are there! It's funny! 
We did get an awesome camera that we both wanted
and a lot of cool presents. We were truly spoiled! 
Christmas Day was spent relaxing and watching movies! 
We watched the new Batman, Bourne Legacy, and Trouble with the Curve
all great shows.. But it was just quite a boring day.
It was also weird and sad to not be able to run over
 and see our other family! I sure miss having them so close! 
It was great however to have all my mom's family in town
and my sweet grandmother. It was nice to all be together for the holiday.

Every year I'm pretty sure I say the same thing.. but
we are truly blessed and are so thankful for this amazing holiday.
I'm so grateful for the birth of my Savior and the awesome
gospel that I get to have in my life. 
I love the spirit of Christmas, it's by far my absolute
favorite time of the year.. I think in part because I love
to be with family and I love planning all the fun activities..
Adam and I were again spoiled this year.. 
Adam got me way too much, as usual..
his parents spoiled us during the Thanksgiving holiday and after
and my family got us way too much..
but in the spirit of Christmas we loved the giving and receiving! 

Hope you all had an amazing Christmas Holiday filled with lots
of laughter, family, friends and the spirit of our Savior. 




No comments:

Post a Comment