7.19.2010

5k Training..

Okay so for awhile now I have been wanting to run a 5k and then hopefully run more from there on out. I use to be super good at going to the gym and running a lot! I use to do like 5 miles a week and during this time of exercising and staying on top of it i lost about 30 lbs! But then i got married and then I started not going to the gym and not running as much and gaining back some of that weight! :( .. yes I can blame it on marriage! ha! Anyway, Adam wants me to start getting more into running, if it's something I want to do for fun! (I need a hobby) so I am excited to say that I am going to start training for one and hopefully complete one in September! My good friend Liz had talked to me about it and said she was going to do it and gave me the schedule so I am excited to continue on with that! I had asked a bunch of friends last year if they wanted to do 5k's with me and they all laughed at me, so that didn't go as planned and i never trained for one or got into it, so I was really happy when Liz came to me with what she was doing! I do things easier when I have friends/family, support in the things i want to do! It just makes it easier for me to accomplish the goals!
Last week was Week 1 for me! I actually really really liked it! The site i am using is runningintoshape.com- and i listen to a podcast on my ipod that has the training schedules for each week! it's a really creative and cool way of doing it! I was suprised with myself because on week 1, i really didn't suffer and die haha. I was able to complete each session just fine and didn't really even get that sore! Of course since that went very smoothly for me, I am sure week 2 may be hell. lol. we will see this week! I am just happy that I am motivated and excited about something right now.. Life has been kind of tough and i am happy to start something on my own and hopefully accomplish a 5k! :) Oh and I'll probably write a lot about it because I am excited! :)
lots of love-

2 comments:

  1. YO go girl!!!! You and Liz are my heros there is NO way I could run!! Unless I REALLY REALLY REALLLY wanted to.. or if someone was chasing me! HAHA!!! Love ya!!!!

    ReplyDelete