7.20.2012

Welcome Home Elder!

Well the day finally came! I thought this day would never come.. haha.. Elder Meserve is finally home after serving the Lord for 2 years in Tampa Florida.
I couldn't be happier or prouder! He flew into St. George on Saturday July 14th around 4 p.m. He had a really good turn out at the airport, I was impressed! Here are a few photos before of all of us freaking out and prepping ourselves! :)




Here we are at the airport watching his plane come in! SO excited! Sweet Linzi is so ready to see Trev!



And the final moment... My mom started to cry so of course, I started to cry soon after.. It was such a surreal feeling to see my brother walk up to all of us after 2 years of not getting any of his big bear hugs! It was THE Best!

















 And there you have my picture overload!

After we left the airport we went right away to get Trev released. We were lucky and able to do it right after and in town. The whole experience was kind of hard. I have never experienced a 'release' of a missionary before and I felt so bad for what Trevor was going through and having to give up the title that he became so fond over for the last 2 years. Everyone got emotional and it was really hard to see my brother get upset over taking off his name tag. I don't think I'll forget that feeling. I was so proud of him at that point though for diving into the Lord's work and being such a great missionary! Our family is truly blessed because of his sacrifices. Afterwards we went up to my parents and Trevor had never seen their new house in person so he got a grand tour and then lots of family was over for dinner! It was a fun overwhelming night! The very next morning was his homecoming talk. It went SO well, he sounded so mature and grown up. Taylor also sang an intermediate hymn and did fantastic. After the talk everyone came to my parents house for a luncheon. It was a great day with lots and lots of family and friends! Adam & I were a little out of it the whole weekend due to our lack of sleep from the heat stroker which was conveninetly the same weeekend! :( but we survived and enjoyed every minute of having Trevor back! This week has been awesome and I've got to see him almost every day! I think he's adjusting really well.. my family and his sweet girlfriend Linz are definitley helping!
We are leaving for Hawaii on Thursday and that will be a lot of fun to have us all together and enjoy some much  needed 'sibling/family' time!
Well WELCOME HOME ELDER! :)



1 comment:

  1. I got a little teary eyed looking at your pictures!! I LOVE it!!! Im so glad that he is homme, and am so proud of him!!!! WElcome Home Elder Trev

    ReplyDelete