8.22.2011

eventful weekend..

Another weekend down. I can't believe how fast August is flying by for me! And I feel like I have been slacking a little on my posting!
Well this last weekend was eventful stressful and fun!
Adam played in another tournament down in Vegas. It was Nationals! The boys did awesome! They ended up taking 1st and winning the championship; they didn't lose one game! :)
Since they didn't lose a game it made for a long day! I went down there around 11 and then they played till about 11-11:30 our time! We left to come home because we had to speak in church the next day! :(
One of our other friends were driving back home like us. We got a call from them a little ways out of Vegas on our way home, and by this time is was about 12 our time! They called and told us that their car was shaking really bad and they had pulled over and checked their time, they just didn' t have a flashlight so they couldn't exactly see what was going on. Well we found them, pulled off and got our flashlight out and their tire was starting to shred you could even see a little bit of the metal I guess. They have a little 3 yr old boy so we decided to have the baby and mom ride w/Adam & I and then the other boys drive their car really slow so we could at least try to make it to Mesquite. Unfortnately we ended up being about 2 or 3 miles outside of Mesquite when the tire blew, I think it blew? haha they just kind of swerved and then had to pull over.. not good! So we decided to take their little guy to our house so he could sleep since it was already about 1:30 our time! We got to our house and luckily got all comfy but they didn't get back into St. George until about 4 am! No bueno for speakin in church the very next afternoon.. Lucky for us we have 2 pm church so it kind of worked out!
Adam & I were asked me to speak a few weeks ago, (him=priesthood/me=relief society) so of course I started preparing for my talk this last week, and I thought Adam had as well. Hmm.. come about 12:30 or so he starts running around and writing his talk! silly boy!
Needless to say our talks went really really well! I was really happy we took up the time too. I was nervous being us 2 and a youth speaker that we would end the meeting really early but luckily that didn't happen! I ended up taking almost 15 minutes.. haha and Adam took 10 which ended us perfect! I'm so proud of my husband for doing such a great job and for saying yes to the challenge when I wanted to say no! :)
I am happy to have last week over with and to start a fresh new week! This weekend is one of my best friends baby showers, super excited to see you Liz! :) and then the following week is Labor Day and then I'm heading to Florida the middle of September! Excited for fall to come too! I really want to go buy yummy fall scents for my house!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that was a scary drive home. Glad u were able to help them!

    ReplyDelete