5.09.2011

Womens Conference - Mothers Day

I was so lucky to have been able to go to Womens Conference this year with my mom!
Womens Conference is up at BYU in Provo and it's once a year for all women over 16!
I was really looking forward to having the mini 'vacation' and time w/my mom, cousin, aunt & friends! We all had such a good time! We got up to Provo on Wednesday night and then
had to be up super early on Thursday morning for classes. Our cute little dorm we stayed in was soo tiny.. I definitley couldn't live there for a whole semester! My mom and I shared a room
and we both didn't sleep well at all.. I was freezing and sleeping on a hard tiny bed w/an awkward pillow! And in our little dorm/apartment there was 6/7 girls and only one bathroom! Luckily our bathroom had two showers so we all showered in two's, haha. Early on Thursday morning we went to our general session and then headed over to our first class. Kelsey my mom & I all wanted to attend this class on eternal marriage and luckily we barely made it in. I didn't reazlie how crowded Womens Conference is. There are long lines for all the popular classes. This first class was soo good! I can't remember their names but it was a really cute couple that have been married for over 40 years. We ended up skipping the next class and just went to our afternoon class session which was titled, Doing the Best you Can. I loved the speakers on this one, it was Emily Watts (author) and another cute lady. This was a good session and working mom's and balancing family work etc. I really enjoyed hearing this talk because I currently work full time and plan to work for the majority of my life and so it was a great class for me! That night we walked to Costa Vida! I love Costa so i was happy to have that! and then they held an amazing concert with several LDS musicians and each performed 2-3 songs. Kerby (can't remember his last name, but he's in all the LDS movies like SIngles Ward etc) he hosted and he's so funny! David Osmond performed and he's soo hot and has a great voice, Hilary Weeks  performed, and then an acapella group and a pianist that I can't remember. Everyone did great though! Afterwards my mom, Aunt and Kelsey went to BYU's Creamery for Ice Cream.. I'd never been before and yes it was delicious! It was so nice to be w/someone (mom) who had been several years in a row and knew everything, and then my Aunt & Kelsey have both attended BYU and knew where everything was at! The next morning was classes again! We attended a class called Communication in Marriage - which was such a good class for me! I think I took like 5-6 pages of notes! A really funny cute couple gave the talk and were very entertaining! I learned so much from that class! I also got my favorite.. Jamba Juice that day! :) We don't have this in St. G so it's a must when I go up north! Then our next class was on visiting teaching which was good, and then one on shopping:needs  & wants - which ended up being so boring! Once that last class was over for the conference we had our closing session which is with all the women in attendance! Elder & Sister Bednar spoke and they were SO amazing! I loved listening to both of them talk and they both did such a good job! We also sat pretty close to the front, and that was an awesome experience. After the closing session a lot of people just headed home, but my mom has always stayed Friday  night and just done fun things w/ all the girls! So, Kels, aunt Amy, my mom & I went shopping at BYU Bookstore - I got a ton of cute BYU stuff and a cute tote bag - then we went to Macoroni Grill in Orem for dinner - and did some shopping at the Riverwood shops. I had such a fun dinner w/these girls! We laughed and laughed throughout all of dinner and then basically the rest of the night!
After we got back to our dorms we were all so exhausted from walking and walking both days.. (that's all you do is walk around BYU's huge campus) so I was pretty tired. The next morning we all packed up and left and went and had breakfast and drove home! Before we left Provo we did have to drive past the MTC because my cousin Jake is there.. and my aunt wanted to try and see if she could miraculously see him walking! After my mother pretty much almost ran a read light and stopped traffic for a few seconds... we didn't see Jake. I had such a good time w/ all the girls that went. I love my aunt & kelsey! it's so fun to have our mom's be so close and then we are so close in age also! She actually works right beside my work in the same building so it's fun to see her everday! And I love Jade & Keri! they are so fun to be with!
Love my mom!

Cousin kels & i

beautiful tulips

BYU - Picture for my hubby :)
It was such a good weekend that I was sad to see it end, but I know that I will for sure be going again! :) Thank you so much mom for taking me!
Also, I wanted to have a quick shout out to my mom for mothers day yesterday! For my family yesterday was obvisouly mothers day... but most importantly it was 'talk to Trevor' day! My brother is still on his mission and so we were all way anxious to talk to him! He got blessed and was able to talk to us for a total of almost 5 hours! He called first and talked for almost 3 - and then called again and talked for almost 2! It was soo awesome to hear his voice and to hear how great he sounds! It was such a great mothers day for my mom!
My mom is my best friend, the best example and inspiration to me! I really hope that when I become a mother I will be just like her! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment