8.09.2010

Trevor's Farewell!

Yesterday was Trevor's farewell! It went really really well! Adam & I did finally make it up there right at about 9! There was a quorum of the seventy there visiting the ward so needless to say Trev was quite nervous and he ended up not being able to say any of the jokes or "fun" times he was going to talk about. The bishop had come up to him before church and specifically asked him to not joke around a whole lot and be careful of what he said! ... if that were directed toward me right before I was to give my talk I would of freaked out, so I think given that circumstance that Trev did really well. I was also really happy that my mom did not loose it through out the whole talk or meeting. She did suprisingly really well! She of course got teary eyed when he gave his testimony but everyone did! I know Wednesday will be a whole different story! The rest of the day was really fun. A lot of Trevor's friends came and hung out the whole day, Linzi's family also was there and they hung out for quite awhile. We had two games of Corn Hole "toss" going on and that was a blast to play and watch! It was also fun to hang out w/the family and w/friends. Liz, Jeff, Kris and Ladd stayed for most of the day hanging out too! I hope that Trev had a great farewell day! :)
Tonight we are having a family dinner, tomorrow night he gets set apart as a missionary, and then Wednesday he's off! I am heading up with my family to the MTC on Wednesday to say bye! it'll be an interesting experience for everyone, considering this is our first and probably only missionary in our family! I am not sure what to expect emotion wise - obviously i'll be crying and sad to say goodbye, but i am also hoping me, and my family can be excited for him too since this is such a new & exciting journey! I also hope him and Linzi can stay strong together and that she'll be waiting for him when he gets home :) (I really like her!)
Besides the new missionary.. not a whole lot has been going on! Adam went up north last weekend and i stayed here! This week softball starts back up again and he plays 3 games tonight! I am looking forward to it starting again just so I can hang out and see everyone!
My 5k training is still going! I ran on Saturday and was a little sore yesterday and kind of stiff today! I really hope I start benefiting from all this running/training! The race is on Labor Day! I think Liz and I will look smokin hott runnin it! haha. .
well that's all for now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment