7.01.2011

waiting waiting..

to go to Pine Valley :)
For this 4th of July long weekend Adam & I are heading up to Pine Valley for the weekend. My family is already up there and we are heading up today once i'm off at 2! I'm so ready for the long weekend! I've definitley been anticipating my long weekend.. I can't believe how fast July is coming! What's everyone doing for the 4th?
I will be posting I'm sure sometime next week with pictures and everything!
So on to other news...

Adam got a freakin iPhone! haha he had an upgrade and so we went and got his new Droid phone last week, and then after about a week of having it he had some doubts and all his friends have iPhones, and then my dad got an iPhone and so Adam decided he better go to Verizon and look more into it and an hour or so later he came back w/an iPhone. haha. . he loves it so far. there are so many cool features with these phones! I'm hoping to get mine next week because I also have an upgrade! :)

So this last week Adam's work was hosting a blood drive. (one of the kids graduating the program soon and this was his last project). So Adam asked me if I would come and donate last Tuesday becasue hardly anyone was coming over. I thought it can't be that bad.. Although I hate needles and i hate having my blood drawn.. i hate the blood pressure cuff thing.. ahh.. i have anxiety thinking about all those things.. but anyway I really wanted to donate.. So I went.
I during my lunch hour and so I didn't really eat anything before I went. I got all tested and was healthy and able to donate. So the little red cross guy started looking at my veins and deciding which arm to go to, and he went with the right arm first.. Well my lovely right arm vein decided to collapse/clog something like that and he kind of was wiggling the stupid needle around in there and then had to take it out cause no blood was coming out..
He then told me I could either not worry about giving blood or try my left arm. He said my left arm vein goins horizontally across my arm which is really weird and he was nervous to do that, but I thought I already went through this I need to donate! So did the left arm. Left arm did good and i was able to fill up the bag. I did start to feel lightheaded and kind of nausea towards the end when I had to pump harder to get the blood out.  I was SO grateful my husband was there by my side the whole time or i would of freaked out.. so I finished and had a drink and a cookie felt a little lightheaded but not too bad, so I got up and went and sat on some hard chairs with Adam.
Keep in mind all of Adam's co-workers are around and the kids in the program.. yeah..
Well as I'm sitting there everyone is giving me things to eat like cookies and juices.. and literally within like 1 minute I started to feel really really lightheaded and everything was spinning.. I started to repeat to Adam that "i really don't feel good".. I said it like three times so he had me lean on him and then... yep.. I passed out! (first time by the way for passing out and giving blood) hahah..
I ended up coming back to it and I was laying on the ground with some people around me and the Red Cross guys putting a cold rag on my head.. They then got me up and put me back on the little bed thing that you lay on. They told me I had to lay there for awhile and then everyone was feeding cookies juices and lots of other things to me. It was kind of scary to experience that, I guess because I haven't ever done that before. I am so glad Adam was there because he held my hand the whole time and held me when I passed out.. thank goodness :)
I am also happy that I could donate.. never done it before!

I think that's all the excitement so far in our lives..
Hope everyone has a safe and fun weekend! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment