7.17.2013

4th of July 2013



This past 4th of July was spent up in Pine Valley..
It's our family tradition to go up to the cabin each year and
it also happens to be my brother's birthday too! 

This year the 4th fell on a Thursday, so we spent
Wednesday-Saturday up there. 
It was nice to get away from the St. George 117 degree weather,
even though Pine Valley was about 95, which is really warm 
for up there! 

My sister in law's family, the Theobald's came up as well
and parked their trailer like they did a few weekends ago! 
There was a bunch of us around, which always makes it a little 
bit more fun, but also more crowded! 

We spent the day of the 4th hanging around the cabin and
enjoyed a fun BBQ with yummy birthday cake ..
we then decided to head down to my parents house
to watch the StG fire work show.



It wasn't nothing to be impressed with! Our good family friend's
the Miller's came over! They are hilarious and it was so fun
to have them over! 
We did get some excitement since we set off our own 
private firework show..
My mom was quite terrified of the fireworks and having 
them start a fire, so she wanted Adam to have the hose close.. 
I missed the excitement when I ran to Maverick, but apparently
one of our 'sparklers' jumped onto the sidewalk and started a little
fire with some brush along the road! 
My parent's neighbors weren't so happy but luckily
it didn't do much damage! 


Adam & I decided to take work off on Friday with 
the rest of the family! 
We drove back up to the cabin that night after fireworks.
It was very relaxing to hang out at the cabin and play games
and sit around! 
We had lots of ice cream from Brandin Iron and a  yummy lunch!

 We decided on Friday night to pitch our tent.
We've had this tent since we first got married and have
never used it or set it up..
It's a 3 man.. with my husband it's like a 1 1/2 man :) 
But we decided to sleep in it on Friday night and it was actually 
a lot of fun! I had two sleeping mats so that didn't make it too bad.
but next time I think I will grab an air mattress! 

Isn't it cute? 




Such a beautiful day walking around the church grounds! 
5 years ago to the day of July 4th.. Adam asked me to marry him! 
:)


It was a great 4th and I was lucky to spend 4 days up there 
doing absolutely nothing with the ones I love! 


1 comment: